Indoor/Outdoor Mix - Soil - RQS Skunk XL - Grow Journal - 2015

It started healthy on 16 Jan.
2015-01-21_22_02_15.jpg

Then the leaves started turning yellow
2015-01-24_15_52_42.jpg

And the roots come out of the plastic cup so I moved it to a bigger pot
2015-01-24_15_52_14.jpg
2015-01-24_15_51_47.jpg

Today the leaves are waning. I am afraid for the plant's life. I live overseas and this is the only seed left.
2015-01-26_19_23_08.jpg
2015-01-26_19_23_46.jpg

I have been watering using a sprayer since day 1 so it is hard to overwater. I only started pouring water yesterday because I thought it is not getting enough water.

Please help me diagnose the problem.

i would switch 2 of them light off also for a bit , yes let it dry the soil , dont water for a while ,,,

try this trick i normally do now with seedlings for the first couple of week , just mist the inside of the bottle , dont wet soil at all , there is only few little roots :) :) make a nice little dome for each seedling and cost nothing really

P1060248.JPG
P1060247.JPG

Dutty Planty, here are some pictures taken last night. Only 2 lights on it right now on 24/0 schedule. I have not watered since i posted this thread. I think the original leaves are dying as the browning/yellowing spots are getting bigger and the leaves are waning even more. But I can see new set of fresh leaves coming out though.

What do you guys think?

2015-01-28_21_00_34.jpg

2015-01-28_20_59_40.jpg

20150128_205806.jpg

If at all possible gently take that seedling out. Get perlite in your soil. Pretty sure that soil your using just has to much water retention

yeah i think i made several key mistakes. I put too much light on it that the leaves get burnt, I transplanted too early into a really big pot, put too much water, and i didn't add perlite so it didnt drain well.

I dont think i can risk taking it out and adding perlite now since i shouldnt be meddling with the soil closest to the plant.

Do you think it is worth continuing or should is start from scratch with a new seed?

Feb 2 update:

I moved the plant to a smaller pot and added perlite to the soil 2 days ago. The new leaves are getting bigger. But again, the tip of the leaves is starting to turn brown again. What can be the cause of this? I only put 2 23W cfls on it and it is about 15-20cm away.

Should I remove the 4 dead leaves?

2015-02-02_07_38_40.jpg
2015-02-02_07_37_55.jpg
2015-02-02_07_37_09.jpg

why do you think the leaves are turning yellow/brown starting from the tip? Is it nute burn? It could be the soil because i have not used any nutes when watering.

In my experience this was due to PH of water being off and that is the first thing you have to do to get anywhere.

I am growing Auto Bajo in three different soils, one of those is real hard sort of clay/dark soil from place where compost used to be years ago. The opposite of light airy soil. After one moth all are going equally good. So yeah... probably not the reason your plant is struggling. Might be to much nutes in that compost you use. Just go easy on it, find what is your water's PH and you will make it.

i tested the water's pH and it is 6.0.
Here are some pictures i've just taken. The new leaves are curling and browning. I think it is the soil I'm using. I live in Indonesia and the soil product here is different from US.

Is this worth continuing or should I restart?

2015-02-04_09_32_33.png
2015-02-04_09_31_53.png

Yeah, if you have more seeds try again... takes a lot of practice to do it right so bad start is usually bad outcome.

And yeah, try to get some light soil mix where NPK numbers are small... or make one yourself from worm castings, humus, peat moss and perlite (or something similar). Get some guano products for feeding and that's all you ever need. cheers.

And PH has to be higher, like 6,5-6,8.

This is Day 18. Very slow growth

She should have slow growth, because of the damaged leaves. Chop the brown parts off and let the new growth take off. I hope you're just spraying her w/ ph water. I usually ph to 5.8. in another week or so, if she needs some help you might want to get some calmag along w/ your nutes to help her out.

Back
Top Bottom