Please help I think my Plant is sick :(

DJBT

She's about 2.5 weeks old (chocolope kush). I'm a total rookie so I don't know if there is a problem or if the strain creates the purple in the leaves. The stem and two bottom leaves are turning purple, but I've noticed the next two leaves are doing the same. Even the teeth of the top leaves and the shoots on top have a purple tinge. It's in miracle grow 0.10 0.05 0.05 potting soil under (4) 23watt 6400k CFL Lights. Lights are on 19hrs. I have a fan running to keep air moving. I'm not feeding yet and I water 2x a week. Just a cup or two right at the base. Any help would be appreciated.

Need pictures please.

image555.jpg

This is it

I think your soil is too hot for a seedling. MG causes a lot of new growers headaches. I did not originally think your soil was too hot from the original post but I am thinking so now. What are your temps in the area you are growing as Purple is usually a sign of cold temps. I believe there is a deficiency that causes this as well. So at this point I do not have a final answer. :)

EDIT- Are you also checking your water PH and run off PH? You could have a lock out situation if the PH is way off.

The temps are probably a bit cooler especially at night. By too hot are you referring to the PH or the nutrients that are already in the soil? The ph thing is new to me I gotta research it more I guess.

Thanks for your help

The temps are probably a bit cooler especially at night. By too hot are you referring to the PH or the nutrients that are already in the soil? The ph thing is new to me I gotta research it more I guess.

Thanks for your help

Soil being to hot causes nute burn just as if you were to over feed when you start the plants on nutes usually around week 2-4. PH is key but if your night temps are getting really low that could cause the purple. Low temps at the end of flower are used to make purple strains show their purple color. Hope this helps a little. :)

Back
Top Bottom