Please help - Is this a hermie?

noob17

420 Member
Hi. Newbie here. First time grow. Growing White Widow auto.

Just entered flowering phase 2 weeks ago. Not sure if this is a pollen sack or female calyx.

420-magazine-mobile405605780.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1238956333.jpg

420-magazine-mobile861357253.jpg
420-magazine-mobile861357253.jpg

Note: There's hair inside it. I think it's a calyx but not sure.

Please help!

Thanks

Re: Please Help: Is this a hermie?

This is about as good as a picture gets to show both male and female parts on the plant. I don't see any seeds on your pictures, but you need to zoom in on the nodes the quality is hard to read.

Thanks. Yeah I don't think it is a hermie. Here are some more pictures:
420-magazine-mobile225006178.jpg
420-magazine-mobile368432949.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2123506253.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2092315453.jpg

Sorry my camera blurs out if i zoom any further. Will try to take more pictures if you need.

You plant looks great it doesn't seem to be a Hermi !!! Looks lik a nice healthy female !!! Your in the clear just keep your eyes peeled it happened quick if it does happen!!! I had 2 plants just Hermi on me and all I can figure is that I had fungus gnats and I think they stressed my plants into HERMI-ING LOL made up words !!! Whatever works rite?!?! Stay growing !!! Live-Love-Learn

Its female but keep and eye on her as she may turn to a male if stressed out to much, but for now she is doing great.

If it were a hermi the sack along the stock wouldn't have pistols coming from it . Aka like drops pic above. If you see the pistols you should be a ok. I would try and keep it stress free for a week until your sure aka no lolipoping , lst or other methods that may hinder or strain the growth .

Ok, males "generally" show pollen sacs before females show pistils. A hermie will start off as a female with pistils then eventually start getting pollen sacs after wards. Or bananas. At any time through flower a female "may" hermie. My last grow I was 3 weeks to finish an my lone survivor started getting bananas but as I was so close to the end I finished her an got 2 seeds an done great smoke :) the seeds I started were bag seed an all females hermied so the seeds went to trash. as to what exacly the bananas r Iam not entirely certain but it's a trait of a male plant

Makes sense. I've never really dealt with hermies only read what others have said . I'm sure I will one day

Thanks. Yeah I don't think it is a hermie. Here are some more pictures:
420-magazine-mobile225006178.jpg
420-magazine-mobile368432949.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2123506253.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2092315453.jpg

I only see female calyxes. See the two little white hairs coming out of the bumps on the nodules? Those are female sex organs.

If it were a hermi the sack along the stock wouldn't have pistols coming from it . Aka like drops pic above. If you see the pistols you should be a ok. I would try and keep it stress free for a week until your sure aka no lolipoping , lst or other methods that may hinder or strain the growth .

Thanks that's exactly what i needed to confirm.

Back
Top Bottom