Please help! Sick Plants!

legalgrower

hey guys this is my first post on the site. I have been growing for a year now for myself for medical purposes, licenced by health canada. In the last wk or so my plants have become quite light and leaves are starting to curl and a bit droopy. They are still in veg and are about 9 weeks old (yes...9...they are about 4.5-5ft)

They are in 7 gallon pots, so I know theyre not root bound...I have always used 7 gallon pots and finish my plants about 5-5.5 feet tall, no problems with roots. If they get any bigger then that I always transplant into a 25 gallon pot if im going to be vedging for longer.

Anyway - the feed program im using is GP.... micro, gro, bloom, b1, pro silicate, flouricious grow, and insta green. Going feed, feed water.

But anyway - the plants are noticibly drooping and lighter with all the new growth. The people at the grow store have basically siad its from either under watering, or overwatering - I watered them today like I always do and gave 2 plants quite a bit extra so I guess those 2 if they are nice and perky the next few days will determine if thats whats causing it. I was wondering if anyone else has any input on this - I never get run off out the bottom of the pot so perhaps I am underwatering???

Thanks in advance

Ok...you should be letting the pots get really light between watering but you already know that right.

Have you tested the runnoff water from the plants? If the soil ph is under 5.9 you will start to see nitrogen lockout and the leaves will turn light...just like the nitrogen is low in the soil but is just lockout. Soooo before you feed them nitrogen or anything check the runnoff to make sure its between 6.1 and 6.8 with 6.4 being best. If the PH is ok then let them completly dry out and start drooping then water them till they are drenched. What are you feeding them? up until now?

Jay

cURLING LEAVES CAN BE OVERWATERING.....oops capslock was on.

Low PH would nesecarily cause curling leaves.

Also I should mention that they dont seem to be drinking too much too quickly. Normally would be watering every 2-3 days but they seem to be a bit longer then that. Feeding scheduale is

Micro 600
Gro 900
Bloom 300
pro silicate 100
insta green 200
b1 30
flouricious grow 200
(for a 50gal res)

I havent tested the runoff....when I water to be honest I never get a runoff out the bottom, which makes me think that possibly they are being under watered??

What is the soil type? When vegging your plants you want to dry the hell out of the soil between watering.....this will help the roots grow big and healthy. You want the roots to have to grow in search of water. If the soil stays wet then they dont need to grow....follow me here. Then when you water drench the soil till water comes out the bottom. Use large chunk perlite about 15-20 % so you get good drainage and good oxygen down there......the water should not puddle on top the soil when watering....it should quickly dissapear into the soil....if you see this then you have enuff perlite.

You should also amend your soil with Dolomite pellets to help stabilize the ph and keep it in the correct zone so all nutreints in the soil can be taken as needed by the plant.

Have you seen the marijuana PH chart for soil? Look here...

untitled.jpg

You see....if the PH is below 6 or 6.1 then nitrogen becomes locked out and the plant will show lightening of the leaves. Here is where most people fry their plants...they feed them more food because they think the nitrogen is depleted in the soil when really the soil ph is to low and they need to raise the soil PH. Soooo growers just double up on feeding and then the plants are cooked and still lockout.

Always know the ph of your soil....before dumping food to correct a problem......

Are you with me here?...do you get it? Im sorry if you already know this stuff but others will also read this and it may help them......

Jay

hey Jay..

I am using promix for my dirt... I always water with a ph of 6,2 - 6.3

I will try ph;ing the soil nxt feed/water and see where im at

Back
Top Bottom