Giving outdoor plants nutes help needed

2percentmilk

So let me preface this with saying I have a few large outdoor cannabis plants that I want to start feeding some veg nutes and then hit them with bloom come the start of August but I'm curious on how i should do that efficiently. My plants take gallons upon gallons of water and using a gallon jug to water these plants isn't so ideal anymore. If anyone has some insight they could give me on how they feed their outdoor monsters I would really appreciate it.

Hopefully these pictures will help out a little bit, these are the girls I'm most concerned about, the others aren't big enough for me to worry about (yet.) The 2 big ones are placed in a 50/50 mix super soil and Bushdoctor Coco Loco. The rest are in a blend of super soil but looks as though they could benefit from a bit of veg nutes ( made the soil a little less hot than I would have liked because of a budget I would've liked to put about 50 pounds more of worm castings into the mix.

I've got 7 plants in pots 1 in the ground and 2 in a potting bed the one in the ground I'm not worried about but I want to add silica as well, are you saying to water and then just pour some from the bottle of chemical nutrients right over top?
I use FF Big Bloom...cap per gallon. I water 2-4 gallons, wait 5 minutes, then add a gallon of that mix.

Wow way ahead of my outdoor girls feed them start half dose 2 or 3 times them full dose mix I water ph it and pour in to the pots easy$$
Should i simply just use 5 gallon buckets to fill with water and nutes, my question is so I can feed them a little more efficiently, these girls take A LOT of water and doing it like I had been with full strength doses in a gallon milk jug over and over until it's saturated really won't cut it especially when these girls are booming out of control like they have been.

Should i simply just use 5 gallon buckets to fill with water and nutes, my question is so I can feed them a little more efficiently, these girls take A LOT of water and doing it like I had been with full strength doses in a gallon milk jug over and over until it's saturated really won't cut it especially when these girls are booming out of control like they have been.
If you want to keep it simple just add your nutrients to a 5 gallon bucket of water and let her rip....

If you want to keep it simple just add your nutrients to a 5 gallon bucket of water and let her rip....
I guess it'll have to do. I wonder how people feed in 300 gallon + pots though, it seems like even using a 5-10 gallon bucket it would still take forever in order to get the nutes into the soil wouldn't it? Along with multiple plants, via one single grower.

I use 10 gal fabric bags and water every day five gal. Feed,water,feed,water........ You get what you put into it.

10 gallons is a little too small for me lol, I grow for personal use and that means I need to grow at least 2-4 pounds a year. Something that small just won't cut it for me. I've got one plant in a 15 gallon and everything else is up from there.

10 gallons is a little too small for me lol, I grow for personal use and that means I need to grow at least 2-4 pounds a year. Something that small just won't cut it for me. I've got one plant in a 15 gallon and everything else is up from there.
I did 6 plants in 10gal. Bags last year and harvest 10 + LBS. You may have seen my journal here or not. I dropped them 2ft in the ground and they stood 7 feet. 6ft wide. Topped and super cropped multiple times. :Namaste:

Sorry that won't work this should lol

PNW 2017 Outdoor Grow
I don't think mine will grow quite that large lol I'm still a newbie to this, 3rd grow so far. It's amazing how big they could get in a 10 gallon though, never knew. Mine were in 30 gallons last year and I averaged 2 lbs a plant but they were so rootbound they destroyed my fabric pots by piercing through them and into the ground underneath.

Not really monsters but think why you want to use nutes... couple of seaweed and go go juice feeds, couple bloom feeds, tap water... unless your in pots...
image23745.jpg
image36575.jpg
IMG_067151.JPG

Not really monsters but think why you want to use nutes... couple of seaweed and go go juice feeds, couple bloom feeds, tap water... unless your in pots...
image23745.jpg
image36575.jpg
IMG_067151.JPG
Not really monsters no, but I am growing in mostly just pots and had problems last year with the plants starving for nutes and I couldn't afford them at the time. The ones in the potting bed have about 100 gallons each to grow in and have been growing exponentially fast. The reason I want to use nutes is I want the plants to push their veg just a little farther and I want them to really put on weight during flower. I also want to run silica on my Big Bomb to help thicken the stems. She's a very limp girl with insane amount of branching.

Back
Top Bottom