Please help us Canadians and our medical cannabis woes

Rang3rDang3r

As many of our 420 friends and family , you know first hand just how special and different cannabis is as a medicine. It can be an effective way for people to manage symptoms associated with a wide variety of conditions, from cancer to chronic pain to epilepsy.

Unfortunately, there is one other thing that makes cannabis unique in Canada.
It is the only medicine in Canada currently subject to provincial and general sales tax and, unless the government changes course, it will be the only medicine in Canada subject to a federal excise tax as well.

But medical cannabis, because it isn't covered by most health plans, is already expensive enough. To us, it just seems unfair to make this medication even more expensive through taxation.

So, please, if you could take a few minutes to sign this petition by CFAMM asking the government not to tax medical cannabis, the over 200,000 Canadians who rely on it for their health and well-being, would be grateful.

Tell the government: #DontTaxMedicine | Eliminate All Tax on Medical Cannabis

Thank you

The great irony of what is mentioned above is that after legalization, rec. cannabis will be far less expensive than medical. How do I know? It already is!

As a medical user and living in a remote area, I am often forced to buy...on the street...when I run out. I can tell you that the prohibited mj is far less expensive and much, much higher quality than my LP. In fact this is my second LP, the first being terrible!

So, fear not medical users...you will soon have a cheap, cornucopia of cannabis to choose from!

honestly you should all learn to grow your own. Even a modest 4 plants every 4 months grown with little equipment (400w at least) should give you at least an ounce of weed per plant. You can still buy as needed but it's how I started when I looked at ways to save money. Now I have more than I can use and have to turn them into edibles to be frozen because you can't have too much leaf.

Back
Top Bottom