Please help!

Kusherella

20140625_214525.jpg

Hello everyone, I'm a newbie. I'm really in need of some advice. My leafs on one of my seedling is turning yellow. I think its from over watering idk. I've tried to take close ups of the plant but my hps messed it up. Its an SS autoflower Dark Devil. The other one is HW fast & vast which is doing fine. I'm growing in a SJ tent under a 150 watt hps, in happy frog soil. In a 4 gallon bucket.

Are you feeding with plain tap water?
I wouldn't worry too much at this stage, if you feel like you have over watered....you probably have.

Yes, I was but now I'm using bottled water. I'm watering every 4 or 5 days from now on. I plan on using tap water & let it sit outside for a few days do you think that would be a good idea?

Leaving out over night will help particulates evapourate. How is you tap water, do you know its ppm? Mine is awful, its 400ppm!!!

CO is right though, I should have noticed that. Over watered plants point downwards.

Tbh I don't see too big a problem, correct me if I'm wrong CO, but I think she is OK for now

With plants that small I cannot imagine you should have had to water more then twice up to this point. Let the soil become mostly dry before watering again.

Well I have over watered. I watered when the soil looked dry on top without sticking my finger in the soil to see if it was moist.

How long has it been since it geminated?

After a week or so I start feeding a very mild nutrient solution.

I thought yellowing of the leaves can be due to nutrient deficiencies.

always start seedlings in the smallest pot possible. It helps prevent over watering and the roots get more oxygen as it takes less time for nutrients to dry up and thus allow oxygen to roots.

Also once seedlings are put from fluro to HID lighting growth will speed up, as long as your root system has developed enough provide nutrients to the fast developing seedling.

Good luck

How long has it been since it geminated?

After a week or so I start feeding a very mild nutrient solution.

I thought yellowing of the leaves can be due to nutrient deficiencies.

always start seedlings in the smallest pot possible. It helps prevent over watering and the roots get more oxygen as it takes less time for nutrients to dry up and thus allow oxygen to roots.

Also once seedlings are put from fluro to HID lighting growth will speed up, as long as your root system has developed enough provide nutrients to the fast developing seedling.

Good luck
I germinated the seeds June 12th two days later I seen roots. I planted on the 15th. I put it in that 4 gallon pot because after doing alot of research alot of people say autos don't like to be transplanted.

While that may be true, it does not apply to autoflowering plants as well. You want to avoid transplanting or any stress whatsoever so you have to plant directly into final container.

I may be wrong here and not very experienced with this but she looks like she has a little light burn, or a burn from a hot spot. I have never used HPS before so my advice is possibly wrong but check if she is at the correct distance for a seedling / clean your hood or light / check if your reflective material is creating any hot spots.

I base this opinion on the almost bleached appearance the leafs have on the affected side, could be the camera angle but the new growth also is looking like that.

Best way to know when to stat feeding is when the two initial (single bladed leafs) die off. Then you should start off with a small amount and increase from there. From the picture it looks like they still very green.

Back
Top Bottom