Need help

Bgandgrow

Hi everyone I'm new to this forum and seeking critical help. I'm in Promix HP using RO water and after about a month of veg they turned to crap. Started showing deficiency's and continued to worsen and now i'm looking for someone to help save them.
20161105_013712.jpg

View image in gallery

I've been feeding Roots Organic Master feeding schedule, around 5.8-6.2 ph but was told to up the PH due to the peat becoming acidic over time in the Promix. So I started to feed at 6.4, figured I locked them out and they just haven't recovered. Should I flush? I don't know if I should continue to use PH Up and PH Down from General Hydroponics either, I also stopped feeding the bottled nutes and went straight into dry amendments. What do you think the problem is? I really don't wanna let them continue to die...very frustrating.

what strength did you put the feed through in ppm or ec? it looks like they are locked up to me. were you adding calmag as there is an issue there with that also. when using ro water you should add calmag. soil growing isnt my strength but i wouldnt flush as that could make it worse. feed with cal mag for a couple feeds with ph 6.4, that way it should correct the calmag issue and stabilise ph.

what strength did you put the feed through in ppm or ec? it looks like they are locked up to me. were you adding calmag as there is an issue there with that also. when using ro water you should add calmag. soil growing isnt my strength but i wouldnt flush as that could make it worse. feed with cal mag for a couple feeds with ph 6.4, that way it should correct the calmag issue and stabilise ph.

I fed low like 400ppm but alright sounds good, I wasn't adding calmag every water or feed. ProMix is soilless though so I always treated it as such. I'll be sure to give em a nice water with calmag, I've also been foliar feeding with Epsom salts recently hoping it'd be a bandaid.

Yah cultivator has given you good advice. Good luck on the bounce back I'm sure they will be fine you did the right thing seeking help here. My tip is to go to hydro shop and get free product booklets that have pictures of deficiencies and pest etc. It helps me to have hands on books for some reason.

Cheers .

Cults advice is solid, as always. The yellow color with green along the veins says Mg deficiency to me.(i believe its called intraveinal chlorosis) i had this issue the first time i started using RO water. Calmag every feed definitely.

Ok I'll start calmag every water at 6.4ph. But regarding ph up and down isn't it bad for microbes in the soil? Also I'm using elemental from roots organic and it's a powder calmag, any advice on that?

I grow in dwc and do my ph'ing before i add my benes so that the up/down solution is thoroughly diluted.
I have no knowledge of roots organic or powdered nutes in general, so I'm not going to bw any help with that.

Back
Top Bottom