Please, please help - Plants dying!

pumpkinpatch1

pk.png

The purple kush has been there since july 8 with just ph adjusted water. using the ph down bottle.

auroa.png

The leafs started curling down once goku put the aurora haze
The second week Goku put the aurora haze without any nutrients.

just today Goku started with the fox farm nuts. for hyrdoponics feeding schedule. goku put in a lil bit more nuts by accident because goku felt like the water didn't reach the plants or should the water stay below the cup inside the dwc? it's a one gallon reservoir. with bubblers but the leafs were already curling down before goku even put nuts so goku knows it isn't a nutirent problem. is it because the water in the reservoir is too cold or because the lights were too close to the plants?? goku adjusted the lights and put them up higher.

note* Goku has a boomerang and a sledehammar. But goku is afraid to use it and kill the plants.

Should Goku worry about the Pk or not... is it normal?

Are you growing it under a green light?

the grow box came with Quantity 3: 6500k CFL Grow Bulbs

The lights are white shinning bright.

The pk today looks a bit bigger but the leaf is still pointing downwards.. The aurora looks fine though..

Hmmm. Not sure then. The biggest problem with seedlings seems to be nute burn/deficiencies or pH issues (in that order). To me, it looks like it's not getting enough nutrients

Hmmm. Not sure then. The biggest problem with seedlings seems to be nute burn/deficiencies or pH issues (in that order). To me, it looks like it's not getting enough nutrients

probably since i started two weeks later..

ps (i have this question)
so the ppm and ec have to stay the same for the whole week like it says on the feeding schedule? (1 gallon reservoir)
what if the ec changes do i adjust or leave alone? goku read that you're not suppose to add more water to the plants or nuts.. and then people say to "fix it" and add whatever is missing. it's confusing..

Also is there a much faster/ safer way to remove and change the 1 gallon of water without moving the plants?? i've seen people on youtube do it but they never explain HOW. like a hose into another bucket or whatever. it's a dwc the one i have.

probably since i started two weeks later..

ps (i have this question)
so the ppm and ec have to stay the same for the whole week like it says on the feeding schedule? (1 gallon reservoir)
what if the ec changes do i adjust or leave alone? goku read that you're not suppose to add more water to the plants or nuts.. and then people say to "fix it" and add whatever is missing. it's confusing..

They have to stay basically the same. They both have acceptable ranges that should stay within.
If the ec changes, you should adjust it back to where it should be.
I'm not really sure the answer to the PPM question. When I ran DWC, I added 20% strength solution every time the water level went down and it seemed to keep the PPM at the right place. I changed the res weekly.

Also is there a much faster/ safer way to remove and change the 1 gallon of water without moving the plants?? i've seen people on youtube do it but they never explain HOW. like a hose into another bucket or whatever. it's a dwc the one i have.

I made a connection from each bucket to it's own "fill" bucket with PEX tubing run from the bottom of one bucket to the bottom of another. Gravity did the work of taking the water from the "fill" bucket and moving it to the bucket that the plant was in.

a little hard to see because of the cinder block, but the connection on the bucket on the right is the same as the connection on the bucket on the left:
IMG_042333.JPG

and here's the root ball at the end of harvest:
IMG_050523.jpg

They have to stay basically the same. They both have acceptable ranges that should stay within.
If the ec changes, you should adjust it back to where it should be.
I'm not really sure the answer to the PPM question. When I ran DWC, I added 20% strength solution every time the water level went down and it seemed to keep the PPM at the right place. I changed the res weekly.

I made a connection from each bucket to it's own "fill" bucket with PEX tubing run from the bottom of one bucket to the bottom of another. Gravity did the work of taking the water from the "fill" bucket and moving it to the bucket that the plant was in.

a little hard to see because of the cinder block, but the connection on the bucket on the right is the same as the connection on the bucket on the left:
IMG_042333.JPG

and here's the root ball at the end of harvest:
IMG_050523.jpg

so.. if the ph goes down... i adjust it back up? to where it was? cause it went down to ph=4.8 and i added.. a little ph up and it went back to ph 5.3.. today its at ph 5.1

Can you please link me a video on youtube or something that explains how to do that??

also holy jizz man. my cups are smaller than that... would my 1 gallon reservoir be able to hold both the roots without them tangling each other??...and if they do tangle what do you do?? i saw a post that a user put 4 plants in the same setup i have. but they never showed the flowering.. (i'm sure you can find it)

so.. if the ph goes down... i adjust it back up? to where it was? cause it went down to ph=4.8 and i added.. a little ph up and it went back to ph 5.3.. today its at ph 5.1

Can you please link me a video on youtube or something that explains how to do that??

also holy jizz man. my cups are smaller than that... would my 1 gallon reservoir be able to hold both the roots without them tangling each other??...and if they do tangle what do you do?? i saw a post that a user put 4 plants in the same setup i have. but they never showed the flowering.. (i'm sure you can find it)

You want it between 5.5 and 5.8. Mine usually fluctuated between 5.6-6.1 every 24 hours so I got used to putting about 0.5-0.75ml of pH down in the res every day.

If your's if diving, there could be a fungal growth in your medium or on your roots. Try adjusting the pH to 5.8 or so and checking it 6 or 12 hours later and seeing how far it shifts in either direction. Then you can multiply by 4 or 2 and figure out roughly how far it will shift in a 24 hour period.

EDIT: I'm really not sure about the tangling issue. I've never grown them side by side like that.
That was a four week veg.

You want it between 5.5 and 5.8. Mine usually fluctuated between 5.6-6.1 every 24 hours so I got used to putting about 0.5-0.75ml of pH down in the res every day.

If your's if diving, there could be a fungal growth in your medium or on your roots. Try adjusting the pH to 5.8 or so and checking it 6 or 12 hours later and seeing how far it shifts in either direction. Then you can multiply by 4 or 2 and figure out roughly how far it will shift in a 24 hour period.

EDIT: I'm really not sure about the tangling issue. I've never grown them side by side like that.
That was a four week veg.

The ec reads right now. 0.8.. usually it's at .7.. so i'm guessing goku should add a little bit of water to equal .7 or should goku just leave it alone until the week is over?

"if yours if diving" ? what do you mean. the top of the root plug has orange spots. Any idea what that is?

yeah i still don't get how you change your water.. since goku runs in a DWC.. plants are going to become big i imagine and idk how goku is going to take out the water... Any more info where i could find out about this??

The ec reads right now. 0.8.. usually it's at .7.. so i'm guessing goku should add a little bit of water to equal .7 or should goku just leave it alone until the week is over?

It depends. Sometimes it needs to be bumped up a little because the plant is getting bigger, sometimes it's better to stay on the same number. It also.

"if yours if diving" ? what do you mean. the top of the root plug has orange spots. Any idea what that is?

Meaning if you pH is dropping. It's usually an indication of a fungal imbalance. The orange spots could be related to your pH dropping.

yeah i still don't get how you change your water.. since goku runs in a DWC.. plants are going to become big i imagine and idk how goku is going to take out the water... Any more info where i could find out about this??

I posted that picture of my dwc hoping that it would explain that. You need a connected reservoir that is meant to fill the main deep water res. You can also pH in the connected res and drain from it. You basically never have to lift the plants out of the water other than to check on the roots.

It depends. Sometimes it needs to be bumped up a little because the plant is getting bigger, sometimes it's better to stay on the same number. It also.

Meaning if you pH is dropping. It's usually an indication of a fungal imbalance. The orange spots could be related to your pH dropping.

I posted that picture of my dwc hoping that it would explain that. You need a connected reservoir that is meant to fill the main deep water res. You can also pH in the connected res and drain from it. You basically never have to lift the plants out of the water other than to check on the roots.

so everyday i should be checking the ph than. how do you get rid of this fungal problem?? I thought the c02 the green pad generator. would help me get rid of fungal problems! it's got me real worried...

Although the plants are getting bigger the plants still look sad. i think it's because of the cold water. what if goku put in a fish heat tank heater??

i'm guessing that would help make the water a bit hotter or warmer. Right now the temp reads 91F! goku is trying to make his room colder. but goku doesn't know how to make it colder in the grow box. Goku tried leaving the door open in the grow box and it did work until the Ac stopped running. But now it's back up again. It's weird how the temp is high in the box but the water is still cold.

I don't get how it would drain by itself though. that's the part that confuses me. I was asking if there's an instructional video on how to make one or how to do that. goku is more of a visual learner.

The fungual problem is what worries me the most...

here's an update. I think the small burn spots is because goku added a bit more of grow and big bloom, am i right? or is because i added more ph water to the reservoir. when the ec read .8 i added a bit more water to reach under the cup. Right now idk why my ph pen isn't working.. But anyways. let me know what you think.

The aurora is the taller one. the small is the pk. They both look bigger but it's the way they are growing that's driving me mad. The fungal problem is my big concern........
nuu_4.png

nuu_3.png

nuu_2.png

nuu.png

so everyday i should be checking the ph than. how do you get rid of this fungal problem?? I thought the c02 the green pad generator. would help me get rid of fungal problems! it's got me real worried...

Although the plants are getting bigger the plants still look sad. i think it's because of the cold water. what if goku put in a fish heat tank heater??

i'm guessing that would help make the water a bit hotter or warmer. Right now the temp reads 91F! goku is trying to make his room colder. but goku doesn't know how to make it colder in the grow box. Goku tried leaving the door open in the grow box and it did work until the Ac stopped running. But now it's back up again. It's weird how the temp is high in the box but the water is still cold.

I don't get how it would drain by itself though. that's the part that confuses me. I was asking if there's an instructional video on how to make one or how to do that. goku is more of a visual learner.

The fungual problem is what worries me the most...

Unless your water is below below 65f then it's probably fine. In fact, if it's that hot in your room, your water might be too hot for the plants as well. You should get a res thermometer if you don't have one. They are only a couple bucks.

As for the growth on the blocks. You might want to get something enzymatic like hygrozyme or z7 that will take care of that naturally. You could also use 30% (or 3%) hydrogen peroxide diluted into the water. It would take care of any growth in the medium and reservoir (to an extent), so don't use this if you are trying to propagate beneficial bacteria in your root zone.

EDIT: I don't know of any youtube videos about setting up a dwc. I just drained mine by hand, with a pitcher. If you put a tube from your main res to a separate container (as far down on the sides as you can put it), the two containers will always remain level because of gravity.

Unless your water is below below 65f then it's probably fine. In fact, if it's that hot in your room, your water might be too hot for the plants as well. You should get a res thermometer if you don't have one. They are only a couple bucks.

As for the growth on the blocks. You might want to get something enzymatic like hygrozyme or z7 that will take care of that naturally. You could also use 30% (or 3%) hydrogen peroxide diluted into the water. It would take care of any growth in the medium and reservoir (to an extent), so don't use this if you are trying to propagate beneficial bacteria in your root zone.

EDIT: I don't know of any youtube videos about setting up a dwc. I just drained mine by hand, with a pitcher. If you put a tube from your main res to a separate container (as far down on the sides as you can put it), the two containers will always remain level because of gravity.

Goku has a blue gardian monitor. Tells goku the ph, conductivity/ec/ppm, and temperature. The temp in the reservoir is 74f. in my room it's about 80f. Whats the ideal temp for a 1 gallon reservoir? how the heck is goku suppose to change the temperature in the res?

Can't you just make a little hole for it to drain? and then cover it up with something?? so it won't drain..

so either hygrozyme or z7 would get rid of the fungus? (to my understanding)

ps- Since the plants are already burned by nutrients.. The chart tells me for week 1 to add 3 tsp big bloom, 2 tsp grow big hydro..

But for the first week(seedlings) goku added 2 tspbig bloom, 1tsp grow big hydro. like it said on the chart except the extra added part.. ( added a lil bit more for each accidently. like about 1/8)

goku is afraid they will get burned more.. soo should goku change the tsps like it says on the chart TO (week 1, big bloom 3tsp, grow big hydro 2tsp)

or should goku continue giving it 2tsp big bloom and grow big hydro 1tsp(for clones/seedlings) for week two (TECHNICALLY week one like it says on the chart SINCE that was the feeding for the seedlings/clones.)The same i gave first round.. (technically it would be considered week 1 on the chart) even though i just gave it nuts.. for the seedling stage.

what are your thoughts. i know it just got burned spots added the plant has two crowning leafs at the bottom because SOMETHING is wrong. should i lower the nuts?? or is it already TOO LATE to be going back.

I hope that didn't sound confusing. Goku is following the hydroponics fox farm chart with fox farm nuts. i

but if you did that then. how would you cover it once your done draining??

but if you did that then. how would you cover it once your done draining??

I used a plant saucer to cover mine (those things people put under their pots to keep the water from running on the floor), but you could easily use some other piece of opaque plastic, you could buy a container that comes with a top already or, like with a five gallon bucket, you might need to buy the top separately. If light gets through it, spray paint it black.

Back
Top Bottom