Please, tell me this is ok

jas206gg

hi, im really new to this world of producing my own medication. as far as smoking it, im a seasoned vet, but i am just now learning to take pride in this interesting curve in life. so im going for it.
since i feel that way, I have 1 seed i germinated and for about 3 days it was looking really good, above the soil, nice green color, happy...
and now, this thing seems like its either getting very shy, or it just doesnt like me. its losing its color, im on day 5 and my shell hasnt fallen off yet, its not as tall as it was the other day, its like it is shrinking and getting skinny, looks like it is giving up on me. please tell me i can fix this.
its my first plant, first time, and honestly it was really exciting and now im getting heartbroken like i lost a damn friend.
i have kept track of everything i do for the past few days, and didnt change anything. i will try to put a pick on so its visible, but please, someone help me.
it would be much appreciated.

well, this forum wont let me post any attachments for my pic yet cause i just joined. so i guess i will post it in a few. or after so many posts, however it works...

try misting the seed shell with distilled/ro water, it could encourage it off. Next time, wait to put the seed in the soil until the seed is well and cracked and pre-germinated in a moist papertowel for about 48hrs in a warm dark place. Then place it 3/4-1" under the soil and once it pops above the medium it should already have enough strength to shuck that shell. Don't over water, don't feed nutrients, don't give it TOOO much light ( a small florecent will do for a baby seed initially).

Good luck!

Oh and to get pictures in here, I had to upload to my gallery in my profile, then select the photos to use by clicking a little icon when peparing a message under > Go Advance.

Peace

try misting the seed shell with distilled/ro water, it could encourage it off. Next time, wait to put the seed in the soil until the seed is well and cracked and pre-germinated in a moist papertowel for about 48hrs in a warm dark place. Then place it 3/4-1" under the soil and once it pops above the medium it should already have enough strength to shuck that shell. Don't over water, don't feed nutrients, don't give it TOOO much light ( a small florecent will do for a baby seed initially).

Good luck!

Oh and to get pictures in here, I had to upload to my gallery in my profile, then select the photos to use by clicking a little icon when peparing a message under > Go Advance.

Peace
well, i use a 42w 6500k cfl, i have had it on 24/0 since the day i put it in soil, on day 5 now. i germed it for about 48 and it had a good crack in it and the taproot was out. it popped out of the soil within a matter of hours, i put it about 1/4 inch down and i have been using bottled water every morning when the soil on the top is completely dry. its vented on the bottom for drainage and my light is about 3 inches away. it was looking really happy and bright green, its like all the sudden it just lost color and sank into the dirt. like it literally is only half the height it was yesterday, but its not leaning over on its side or anything. i will try to get the pic on here. it wont let me do any attachments yet i think cause im new.

seedling30.jpg

ahh ok there we go. so yeh, the day before this it was greener, and a little taller. it looked happier. is it dead? i really dont know what to think about this. please help me heal this plant so it can help heal me :high-five:

how much heat is in the area? if that light is putting off warmth then don't have it TOOO close, just judge it by the heat you feel with your hand and move it away until you feel nothing (but generally a 42w will be pretty cool, compared to an HID lamp).

If I had to guess, I would think you didn't put it deep enough in the soil, thus it didn't develop a strong enough tap root within the soil, and now that it got bigger, its struggling possibly - but without a picture of it this is just a guess.

make sure you're not overwatering, if you're only giving a little spash everyday I'm sure you'll be fine, but notice the weight of the container before you water, you'll start to be able to tell when it needs water just by picking it up - at least thats how I've developed my watering needs.

Whatever you do, DONT' get discouraged!! You HAVE to kill some plants to really learn whats up, its part of the game. sometimes you just have to go through the trenches to figure out what you're doing wrong.

Also, I've germinated seeds before for 48+hrs in towels, to the point that the shell actually falls off in the paper towels, and the taproot sprouts out to 2-4 inches! (gotta make sure the towels stay moist and they don't dry out, YET not soaking wet either). and then take a pair of sterelized tweelzer and genlty place it under the soil, cover it up and when it sprouts up it'll be a strong girl and have no shell shucking problems whatsoever.

PEACE

it doesn't look DEAD. give that seed shell a good misting, every few hours so it gets soft and it can shuck itslef off. IT looks like the little stalk is building up underneath it so maybe it just got wider and you thought it shrunk?

give it a good misting, NOW (with CLEAN Distilled water, not dirty hardwater tap) and in a few hours, again in the morning, and at lunch. It should soften up and shuck the shell. If not in 2 days you may need to try and assist it off with some tweezers ever so slightly...b ut dont mess with it now, just mist and wait. dont panic. if it dies its not the end of the world, it happens BUT you're not there yet, its not dead.

how much heat is in the area? if that light is putting off warmth then don't have it TOOO close, just judge it by the heat you feel with your hand and move it away until you feel nothing (but generally a 42w will be pretty cool, compared to an HID lamp).

If I had to guess, I would think you didn't put it deep enough in the soil, thus it didn't develop a strong enough tap root within the soil, and now that it got bigger, its struggling possibly - but without a picture of it this is just a guess.

make sure you're not overwatering, if you're only giving a little spash everyday I'm sure you'll be fine, but notice the weight of the container before you water, you'll start to be able to tell when it needs water just by picking it up - at least thats how I've developed my watering needs.

Whatever you do, DONT' get discouraged!! You HAVE to kill some plants to really learn whats up, its part of the game. sometimes you just have to go through the trenches to figure out what you're doing wrong.

Also, I've germinated seeds before for 48+hrs in towels, to the point that the shell actually falls off in the paper towels, and the taproot sprouts out to 2-4 inches! (gotta make sure the towels stay moist and they don't dry out, YET not soaking wet either). and then take a pair of sterelized tweelzer and genlty place it under the soil, cover it up and when it sprouts up it'll be a strong girl and have no shell shucking problems whatsoever.

PEACE
i got a pic up here now, but yeh, i put it pretty shallow. bout a 1/4 inch into the soil. the light really doesnt generate that heat, i can hold it in my hand for a little while without it burning me. im not gonna get discouraged thats for sure, im just a little sad lol...
i had another seed germ really good a few days ago, but when i put it in the soil i got too anxious thinkin i put it too deep and i went digging to look for it and found its head. that sucked. so this ones probably trying to hide so i dont take its head too. but damn, im just worried about bringing it back to life all the way. please tell me what you think of the picture. if theres anything i can do to help nurse this little baby i will

it doesn't look DEAD. give that seed shell a good misting, every few hours so it gets soft and it can shuck itslef off. IT looks like the little stalk is building up underneath it so maybe it just got wider and you thought it shrunk?

give it a good misting, NOW (with CLEAN Distilled water, not dirty hardwater tap) and in a few hours, again in the morning, and at lunch. It should soften up and shuck the shell. If not in 2 days you may need to try and assist it off with some tweezers ever so slightly...b ut dont mess with it now, just mist and wait. dont panic. if it dies its not the end of the world, it happens BUT you're not there yet, its not dead.
right on what a relief! i didnt think it was dead dead, i guess just slowly dying, but it looks like it did get unhappy. as for it getting wider and building up under the surface and appearing like it shrunk, i thought about that too, but figured with all this stretching stuff i hear of, that wouldnt be the outcome. so yeh, i got worried.
i dont have anything to mist it with, i have just been filling the cap of my bottled water and putting like 2 or 3 of those in every day. do you have any other awesome advice i can take with on everything else you have told me? i will listen and consider every bit of it. without these forums, i would still just have a seed in the bottom of my empty baggy lol...
thanks again.

go to walgreens or a drug store, hardware store, or even a grocery store/salon and get a 99cent spray bottle. Until then drip some water directly on that shell.

If you're planning to grow this thing out to medicine, get ready to start forking out $$$ for equipemnt, a spray bottle is a staple of any garden.

go to walgreens or a drug store, hardware store, or even a grocery store/salon and get a 99cent spray bottle. Until then drip some water directly on that shell.

If you're planning to grow this thing out to medicine, get ready to start forking out $$$ for equipemnt, a spray bottle is a staple of any garden.

thats ironic because i was seriously just now thinking of going to walgreens and getting a spray bottle. thats where i bought my soil. which was probably not a smart move, but when i got my seed, i was like ok its germed i need to get soil now and i got some hyponex there for 1.99... im gonna transplant into some of that fox farms though.
dude, with a name like sirstonedalot, and talking about walgreens you gotta be from the great northwest?

get those tweezers now and carefully get that shell off... wait too long, and it might be deformed and either never recover or take too long to recover.. then as it grows you can add more soil around the seedling to stablize it...my 2 cents-:peace: and good luck!

Next time your putting a seed in dirt make sure the taproot is facing up and you wont have that problem with the shell again. Get it off quick it will stunt the growth till you do.:thumb:

get those tweezers now and carefully get that shell off... wait too long, and it might be deformed and either never recover or take too long to recover.. then as it grows you can add more soil around the seedling to stablize it...my 2 cents-:peace: and good luck!

that is exactly what im worried about. if i dont help it then it might die, but also if i do help it, that i might kill it.
well, today, it looks worse then it dead yesterday, its a little skinnier at the stalk and less green. it still stands, but it is like it is just a dead dry sprout standing. wouldnt it fall over if it was completely dead though?

Next time your putting a seed in dirt make sure the taproot is facing up and you wont have that problem with the shell again. Get it off quick it will stunt the growth till you do.:thumb:

im not too sure what you mean, i can say that after i germinated it, the lil taproot was about as long as the seed itself, and when i put it in the soil, i poked the soil with the back of a pen and dropped the seed in with the white root facing down. im not sure if thats right, but i know i read something somewhere that someone was talking about putting a seed into soil with the taproot facing up so that it curves back downward and it helps with the shell. is that what you meant?

seed11.jpg

this is day 5 above the soil, i actually cleared some soil away from the stalk because the stalk wasnt visible anymore today. its like it just sank or is hiding.

seed21.jpg

im not sure why this one rotated.
well, this one shows that its getting yellow towards the shell now, this stalk was thicker and alot greener. i really dont know what happened.

peel that bitch the fuck apart! ive done it a few times now you just gotta be gentle.

thing cant breath.. gotta pop that amniotic sac haha

peel that bitch the fuck apart! ive done it a few times now you just gotta be gentle.

thing cant breath.. gotta pop that amniotic sac haha

i really tried, that shell is like hard as a rock and i have been dripping a drop of water on it ever couple hours and its still hard as a rock. when i try to split the shell it feels like im about to rip it off the stalk. its really weak under the shell like its on a ball joint or something it just kinda moves around. even a drop of water makes it fall over. im not sure what to do cause the tweezers arent working.

should i just put more soil around it and bury it an inch down and see if it comes up for light? im really not sure what to do. im worried because it does look like its suffocating in there. its like the shell doesnt even look like it wants to open anymore

Back
Top Bottom