Please, tell me this is ok

shellhalf.jpg

ok, so i just got half of the shell off. and i have no clue what the hell im looking at. but it looks like its looking back at me too. its like a little head, where are the leaves? was this thing not ready to crack yet? it has been the same size for 5 days now. im really confused. maybe my baby just wasnt ready to leave the womb yet or something but i thought there would be leaves or something. did i just mess up?

shellhalf2.jpg

heres another one, thats a little soil on the side of its head not a brown spot.
i just noticed that the shell is thick, its like twice the thickness of others that i have seen. maybe it was a good thing to open it?

shellhalf2.jpg

heres another one, thats a little soil on the side of its head not a brown spot.
i just noticed that the shell is thick, its like twice the thickness of others that i have seen. maybe it was a good thing to open it?
the shell is seriuosly like a damn coconut shell, its pretty thick, and is that part of the sack dried and stuck to the inside of the shell? also, i couldnt get the other side of the shell off its still stuck to it. i wonder if my little plant dried out or something and maybe it would open at the top cause the shell was too thick and it just stopped growing. i wont try to over analyze it but i'd like to know what seems to have happened by some knowledgeable people. :peace:

well, i really dont know what to do about this one, so i just used what i thought might help, and now i'm pretty sure its gonna die, but its worth a shot. since the pics i have seen look like my guy is about 2 days old or so, and usually they come up out of soil looking similar, from what i saw, i left the other half of the shell on, and very lightly put some barely moist soil on it and covered it pretty evenly with it in the upright position. i guess to mimic the ground it would grow up through, so i pretty much buried it and now im letting it find the light on its own, whether its the light from seedling heaven, or from my 42w cfl :idea:

so you re-burried it?
yeh i just lightly put soil around it and on top of it. the thing looks all dried out but my soil is always moist. not like wet, but moist, so i put a lil bit on top and around it like a 1/4 inch layer, and i have the light about 2inches away, and i just misted the top soil with my sprayer that i just went and got for 1.99 at good ol waslgreens.
i have one more seed that i just dropped into a shot glass, i really think this one is dying.

quit f'n with it and it won't die. I don't think you needed to re-burry it, but at this point jut leave it be. It should be fine, just don't drowned it

quit f'n with it and it won't die. I don't think you needed to re-burry it, but at this point jut leave it be. It should be fine, just don't drowned it
i will quit messin with it now, the only reason i messed with the shell was because after i put up the pic, most of the people on here and other forums told me to get that shell off because its suffocating it, and some others told me that the shape of it looks like the shell should have fallen off a week ago.
i wouldnt have re-buried it, but after i got that shell off i started thinking that maybe it just needed more time and that it came up out of the soil too soon because i possibly planted it too shallow. i wont mess with it though, i hope it lives.

shellhalf2.jpg

Looks like its upside down ?

Prehaps it might sprout in australia...

Looks like its upside down ?

Prehaps it might sprout in australia...

lol, its just weird because all the other pics of other sprouts/seedlings, and germinations i did exactly what i was supposed to as far as putting it in the soil and facing it the right direction and the depth that i buried it. i wonder if it just started growing so quick that it pushed itself up too early. it literally germinated in about 4 hrs, and it jumped out of the soil in about 4 hrs as well. grew steady for a day or 2, then just got all weird.
maybe i blew too many tokes at it when i was planting it?

lol, its just weird because all the other pics of other sprouts/seedlings, and germinations i did exactly what i was supposed to as far as putting it in the soil and facing it the right direction and the depth that i buried it. i wonder if it just started growing so quick that it pushed itself up too early. it literally germinated in about 4 hrs, and it jumped out of the soil in about 4 hrs as well. grew steady for a day or 2, then just got all weird.
maybe i blew too many tokes at it when i was planting it?

Its not uncommon for this to happen. my super lemon haze and church both had their shell stuck on for a few days. spraying with a light mist 3-4 times a day was all they needed to chuck em. if it happens again don't drown the soil. just spray enough to wet the husk...good luck

:peace:

Its not uncommon for this to happen. my super lemon haze and church both had their shell stuck on for a few days. spraying with a light mist 3-4 times a day was all they needed to chuck em. if it happens again don't drown the soil. just spray enough to wet the husk...good luck

:peace:

i will do that for sure if it does happen again. the only reason i did what i did was because i did keep the shell moist for a while and it was still hard as a rock, but its like it literally stopped the growth on my sprout. i actually think that shell killed it. if not i might have, i guess if it comes back up in a few days i'll know. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom