Pluck off developing seeds or let grow?

havoksgrow

I had one of my plants herm on me a few days into flower, 1 of the pollen sacks had opened up before I could remove it from the tent and now on day 20 of flower there are seed pods popping up. Im wondering if it would be worth it to pick the developing seeds off the plant so it wont waste any more resources developing those seeds. I know this would probably stress the plant out but im not sure if it would still be a net benefit to remove the seeds early on.

Im not interested in the seeds, any fully developed ones will just get tossed in the trash, also I dont care about the effort it may take to remove seeds, or that there will still be seeds that I wont find.

Im mostly just wondering if other people have picked off the seeds or if you think the yield and potency would be higher if the plant were left undisturbed, even with it wasting resources on seeds. thanks.

I had one of my plants herm on me a few days into flower, 1 of the pollen sacks had opened up before I could remove it from the tent and now on day 20 of flower there are seed pods popping up. Im wondering if it would be worth it to pick the developing seeds off the plant so it wont waste any more resources developing those seeds. I know this would probably stress the plant out but im not sure if it would still be a net benefit to remove the seeds early on.

Im not interested in the seeds, any fully developed ones will just get tossed in the trash, also I dont care about the effort it may take to remove seeds, or that there will still be seeds that I wont find.

Im mostly just wondering if other people have picked off the seeds or if you think the yield and potency would be higher if the plant were left undisturbed, even with it wasting resources on seeds. thanks.
Those seed pods are called calyxes. A vital part of your buds. Not all of them will have seeds as not all were pollinated. I don't think it's a viable idea to pick them off. Easier to pick seeds from finished buds.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom