Possible to flower at 12"?

GreenUnity

Hi guys

I have 3 plants that have reached a little over 12 inches and are in a small grow tent, i don't really want them to keep getting anymore bigger in veg and being as it's my first grow i'm not going after massive yields, just enough to last me for a few months really. Would it be safe to flower right about now?

3_plants3.jpg

Hey Surf, thanks!

I just checked out your journal and those plants look great, you have quite a few ladies in there. I think i'm just going to end up flipping tomorrow or else this grow is gonna turn amazoniac on me lol.

Gonna keep an eye on your journal and see how things go :)

Happy growing!

Thanks ptsd

They've been growing nicely, just following a strict feed and water schedule and not bothering them too much. Only downside is they grow like beasts, if you don't trim them and keep an eye on height they get out of control. I see you've got a journal as well, seems everyone has one except me..i knew i should have started one :/ next grow hopefully..

Happy growing!

Journals are a good idea. It not only allows you to be able to go back and look at your grow in phases and learn from your mistakes as well as your accomplishments. There is nothing wrong with starting one now, veg time is pretty boring really. Start one now might as well flowering is when it gets fun anyways so nothing wrong with throwing one up now. LST is going to be our best friend. Keep them controlled and tied down to keep the growth as low as possible and really creating a shorter bushier plant as opposed to a tall plant. There is also supercropping but that's a pretty extreme management and it was hard for me to make that jump as it just seems cruel to break the plant you have worked so hard to make. Also you can look up management tools like SCROG. Keep scrolling journals see how others do it and you will find the one that works best for you!!

I'll see how that journal goes ;) As for height i have a scrog over mine and i've been trimming but i feel like i'm trimming wrong, not quite confident in that department yet but oh well as long as i flower some decent nuggets i'll be happy.

Thanks for the good advice ptsd

Hey ptsd

How does this look? Too much or is it ok? i'm thinking of flowering soon, what kind of auto timer do you recommend? i have a digital timer but apparently those get problematic due to the ballast rfi, so they say..
current6.jpg

That looks good definetly not too much maybe on the lighter side but as long as you were able to get some more light penetration then it served its purpose. I have just one of the standard timers not digital. I had a digital one I could have used but then your relying on a mini computer to grow with, id rather just do it the old way. A 15$ timer is all that you will need. Mine came with a package with my ballast. The one I have you have to push down little pieces and each one is 15 minutes. Nice and simplistic.

Back
Top Bottom