Pot costs too much!.Why?

Re: Pot costs too much!...Why?

because its fuckin awsome!

Grow your own or quit complainin'... lol

I'm most likely either gonna start a grow or start buying shwagg.. I can't afford it, you're right.

when pot is legal it will be a lot cheaper... like in amsterdam
dont forget to vote

Once again, I must say I feel this is an inaccurate statement. If you actually take into account all the time, effort, electricity and risk of growing commercial quality marijuana then comparitivley the price is cheap for what your getting. Those big robust buds you buy most likely sat under over 1200w of lighting for over 3-4 months of growing, the whole time needing careful care, attention, and feeding, as well as producing a HUGE risk factor. Expensive?! I say it's cheap.

Plant the seed, grow your own.

4DeuceZero said:
But if you add in the monstrous tax they will levy on it to help pay off the debt accrued during the war in Iraq, then itll probably be the same price.

True, but if its legal all us potheads will just grow our own and avoid all that. Hell you can grow your own tobacco, so someone has to farm weed to. I'd be wasting a college education, but I'd become a farmer real quick.

RooRman said:
Once again, I must say I feel this is an inaccurate statement. If you actually take into account all the time, effort, electricity and risk of growing commercial quality marijuana then comparitivley the price is cheap for what your getting. Those big robust buds you buy most likely sat under over 1200w of lighting for over 3-4 months of growing, the whole time needing careful care, attention, and feeding, as well as producing a HUGE risk factor. Expensive?! I say it's cheap.

Plant the seed, grow your own.

if you take into the costs and labour, it comes out to about 1080 % profit assuming those people have atleast 6 plants at any one given time. Thats why I asked. Theres nothing I alone can do to reduce the cost of pot. Thats why this is so difficult. So you tell me to grow my own, okay but why should i just grow some for me.....I could sell it! and I could just sell it for 10 bucks cheaper! and send alll you other assholes outta business. but alas. its all criminal anyway. and thats why.

If we legalized it. then i could buy a q for 35 doll hairs.:allgood:

greendreem420 said:
If we legalized it. then i could buy a q for 35 doll hairs.:allgood:

If it was legal, then certainly the government would tax it. Therefore, low prices is just wishful thinking.

Also, 6 plants is enough to get you in SERIOUS trouble. Yes I believe, you should profit, and well, if you are going to take on that kind of risk.

Furthurmore, why grow buds, to sell and get money, to buy more buds? :hmmmm:

greendreem420 said:
if you take into the costs and labour, it comes out to about 1080 % profit

Without knowing what kind of lighting and how many plants a person has how can you calculate profit? That is nothing but pure speculation. Also, what about failed crops? The grower eats the cost of time and expense if the grow fails, which sometimes happens for reasons beyond your control.

yeah, if the gov. legallized it..they WOULD tax the shiiiiiiiat outta it...
just like everything else...and i'm sure bcuz its such a controversy already...
growing it personally wopuld be illegal....for a hwile anyways...

pot isnt really that expensive....specially if you know the right people....
or start dealing yourself....even if you dont make much money, do it for the free smoke...then you cant complain...

free smoke = the best kinda smoke

so people are completely justified by charging me an 450 oz if they pleased?

What if we legalized pot on a huge scale. Not just for drug use, say hemp. or Bio-fuel? then would the price not go down?

greendreem420 said:
so people are completely justified by charging me an 450 oz if they pleased?

What if we legalized pot on a huge scale. Not just for drug use, say hemp. or Bio-fuel? then would the price not go down?

Yes they are. But you ALWAYS have the right to say "Sorry, thats just too much money," and not buy from him. No one is forcing you to spend your money.

The government knows how much marijuana is worth, they would not let such a money making oppurtunity pass them by if they made it legal.

Also, whats to say legalizing possesion and use would legalize growing? If the government wished to grow it exclusivly for the purpose of taxing it for revenue then sadly private growing would probably remain illegal. For example, making your own hard liquor or "moonshine" is still illegal to this day because the government has no way of regualting the quality or taxing private stills.

I am not saying any of this is right, I am simply stating this is how our government treats it's citizens. They see them as walking dollar signs, not as people and do not think twice about throwing vast majorities of their own population into prison for any reason that they see fitting.

On another note, I am sure you can find people in this world that grow so much cannabis, they give it away for free.

RooRman said:
If it was legal, then certainly the government would tax it. Therefore, low prices is just wishful thinking.

you can buy a gram of keif in amsterdam (legal) for the same price as a gram of headies in DE (ilegal).... you do the math

thank the black market. set your own prices, no tax. i love this country, i just hate the government. stay green. peace.

We the 'buyers' have set the price. I still know some very cool growers that have cut rates on great weed tho. Blueberry for 200 an oz., my NYC Diesel man charges me 200 an oz. plus a split in his travel expenses (usually $25-30) as he round trips 600 miles to sell to 4 or 5 of us 'old friends'. But I have paid dearly for some hard to come by strains..... $375.00 for Herijuana, ouch! But the high was so awesome it's easy to see that Herijuana is NOT for novice smokers.
SO!!!......If ALL we stoners said NO WAY! the next ten times our dealer said we were paying 25.00 more for a bag the price might begin to hold steady, if on the other hand we just dig a bit deeper into our pockets for that sweet looking bag of nuggs we can't resist the prices will continue to rise......
And btw our US govt. does allow us to make beer and wine at home so I think if it were legalized we'd be able to grow our own. We might be forced to tax our own grows with stamps bought at the USPS. But the rest of the grow would be mighty cheap.......:peace:

Stoner4Life said:
And btw our US govt. does allow us to make beer and wine at home so I think if it were legalized we'd be able to grow our own.

Yes, beer and wine only though. You cannot produce hard liqour because they want to regualate the quality of the stills and tax it as well. If eveyone grew their own, the government would have no way of taxing it. Therefore, legalization of possesion and use will NOT directly result in the legalization of cultivation.

Furthurmore, many states currently allow medicinal users to posses cannabis, but very few states allow these same people the right to cultivate it themselves.

RooRman said:
If eveyone grew their own, the government would have no way of taxing it. Therefore, legalization of possesion and use will NOT directly result in the legalization of cultivation.

Furthurmore, many states currently allow medicinal users to posses cannabis, but very few states allow these same people the right to cultivate it themselves.
I think that upon legalization a self imposed tax (you'd buy them at the USPS) might allow you to grow your own. If the govt. told you that for $30.00 per plant grown you owe that tax or if caught face jail time, I'd buy that cheap ass tax stamp.
And yes ......we're too early in the stages of med mj to be allowing all of the patients to grow. States will decide I'm sure upon the current successes of their new programs when to allow more patients to grow.......:peace:

I agree pot is exppensive...but it's worth it. Now don't get me wrong..I WILL totally take a cheaper price for killer buds...but I guess I"m kind of used to it being outrageous now! lol sad but true.

No ammount of time and effort warrant .6 20 peices. I was blown away when I got back to NY. I called an old dealer and he was like "yep, thats how things are now."

Kinda sucks.

Back
Top Bottom