Pot size for coco

Hey Mick, I'm digging your KISS approach. Can I ask what strains you're running?
I only do one grow a year because it produces more than I can smoke, and I live in a very hot region which makes it difficult to keep the temps down in the summer, so I only grow in the winter. My last grow was Nirvana Ice, my next grow is going to be Raspberry Diesel, OG Kush, Green Crack and AK-48. I'll start around thanksgiving.

Random question, hoping someone in this thread can answer: growing in coco, 2nd grow, have 3 plants in 3 gallon smart pots, under 750 LED.. i feed them every day, about 1.5 liters each. my kushberry is getting huge and drinking a lot. By the time I go to water her for the day she is dry, drooping and thirsty. Never had this problem with any other plants, she's just a big drinker I guess. Going to try to water twice a day, anyone recommend feeding both times or should I water,feed,water...

Are you transplanting those into a larger pot, and what size? Any photos?

Hi lads just been reading this info as I am just to try a new way of growing in coco myself, I have been growing a year or so with coco and have had some good and some bad grows, but one thing a I have learnt is the smaller the pot size the better the grows have been. So I now am setting up a new drip to waste system in 6 litre air pots with clay pebble on the bottom and on the top of the coco and by the time I am into flower I should be feeding twice a day and hopefully by the end of flowering 4/5 times a day with run off, I red on the net this fellas system and a light bulb went off in my head that's the kiddie it made total sense to me, but in my earlier grows I was over watering cause my root mass was not big enough and pot size was to big to take the feeds and got nutrient and salt build up leading to bad problems,plus the fella said that he uses h&g drip clean, one to keep the drip system from salt and nutrient build up and two so to help flush out salts in the plants,apparently without stripping the plants from all nutrients, so this system I think will work good I'll let you all know how I get on if you like as I will be going into flowering with this next week? I will also add that h&g gold root exsellerator and great white do a fantastic job on building a big root mass in vegging which I believe this will not work without it and you have to build up to the heavy feeds slowly not straight away,hope this helps just my 2 bobs worth cheers

I feed once a day from sprout and twice a day when in flower. Coco is drain to waste hydroponics and you will not get salt build up or nute lock out as long as you feed to run off everytime. Feeding to run off refreshes the nutes, pulls in fresh oxygen to the roots, and protects against salt build up. I don't know my ppm's because I use the KISS method (7 grams MaxiBloom per gallon of tap water) and it's not required. I've been growing in coco for years and never have a discolored leaf.

Hello Mick and 420 guys,

Thanks for the great info and share of knowledge Mick.

Questions Mick:
-Do you use Cal-Mag or just plain Maxibloom with Silicate Blast?
-Do you use any Bloom additives in Flower or just straight up 7 gram of MaxiBloom to the end?

Thanks for your time Mick

Rice

Hello Mick and 420 guys,

Thanks for the great info and share of knowledge Mick.

Questions Mick:
-Do you use Cal-Mag or just plain Maxibloom with Silicate Blast?
-Do you use any Bloom additives in Flower or just straight up 7 gram of MaxiBloom to the end?

Thanks for your time Mick

Rice
I'm fortunate that my tap water contains enough calcium and magnesium that I don't have to supplement with calmag.
I don't use bloom additives but I'm sure they're ok if you want to use them.

I'm fortunate that my tap water contains enough calcium and magnesium that I don't have to supplement with calmag.
I don't use bloom additives but I'm sure they're ok if you want to use them.

Thank you for the fast reply Mick.

I'm looking forward to try out the Maxibloom as I am having problem with mag def while using Veg+Bloom Ro/Soft. I have try many different method, couldn't find the right mix for my RO water with Veg+Bloom Ro/Soft. They're great for flowering, yet for Vegging is such a headache.

Thank you for the fast reply Mick.

I'm looking forward to try out the Maxibloom as I am having problem with mag def while using Veg+Bloom Ro/Soft. I have try many different method, couldn't find the right mix for my RO water with Veg+Bloom Ro/Soft. They're great for flowering, yet for Vegging is such a headache.

Just a bit of info for yourself I to use RO so have to add cal mag and I have been using great white powder, H&G root excellerator gold and Advanced Micro,Grow and Bloom ph perfect in veg with fantastic results the roots just explode, don't get me wrong the nutrients are not cheap but they go a long way and imo they are well worth it with zero problems the secret I have found don't over water until you have built up a root mass then you can water to run off more often plus I only use to finish 6.5 litre air pots with clay pebbles on the bottom inch or so of the pot, I am hitting 5 oz per plant, hope this may help you in your vegging.

Back
Top Bottom