Pot sizes? seed/veg/flow - what you guys use?

JokerJohn

Hey guys so i just embarked on my 3rd grow indoors,
Im out to make a trip the to store, since i started growing ive experimented with different sized pots ive had great results but i also feel ive been wasting space and soil by using too big pots. So i thought id do a bit or detective work and ask around here :) so guys What sized pots is everybody growing in? heres what ill be trying with the next grow

Med - soil

germ - seed- sprout - 330ml cups

veg - 5ltr pots

Flow - 10ltr pots

so please guys make this interest and share your preferences

sincerly J-J

4 me, clones start off in dixie cups... then 2gal pots > 7gal pots( averaging a 3 month veg from cut to flip, plants r averaging 3' from top of soil in 7gal pots & r pretty much rootbound) > 15-20gal pots @ 12/12... & just sometimes those 15-20gal pots get vegged for just a bit longer... b4 getting the flip

I use jiffy pellets for seeds/clones first & wait intill roots pushing through the sides intill potting up.

002987.JPG
003926.JPG
001976.JPG
0011039.JPG

I then use these small pots a similar size to those small plastic cups it takes about 10 to 14 days for the young plants to fill out a pot of this size with roots.

0031001.JPG
006765.JPG
004991.JPG

10 to 14 days later... i'll pot up to a 6 litre airpot for vegging & flowering.

003945.JPG
0021006.JPG

Veg & flowering in airpots.

007770.JPG
009625.JPG
003982.JPG

How Air-Pot Containers work - YouTube

Sup man!

For my next grow i will go about it like this.

Start with clones in my cloner, when rooted enough, i will place them in my 1litre pots untill growth have pretty muches stopped and they are nice and bushy plants. figure this will take about 2-3 weeks.

Then i'll move them to 15litre pots, let them veg for a week or two, atleast till i get my wanted height and i've seen that they start to grow again.

Then flip to 12/12.

Doing the next run with normal pots, the one after i will try airpots =)

Back
Top Bottom