Problem in flowering

The super-dark green leaves with burnt tips lead me to think over-fertilization with nitrogen. It's time to cut out all fertilizer, and only give them water, as the plants are nearing the end of their lives. All those CFLs are going to create tons of heat, too. I'm surprised you haven't been popping circuit breakers. Time to switch to LEDs.
Even with those problems it looks like you will have some nice buds there. Well done.

Smokindon

Hey man your plants are looking BETTER! I really don't see anything wrong with your plants right now! They look big and fat just the way we all want them to be! As far as my book, I'm sorry if I said I had a book or if I said something for you to think that, but a I don't have a book. I just spend a whole lot of time reading on my own and then I try to take that knowledge with me when a I grow.

Im sorry a I didn't answer you sooner either but a i never got my normal email on your thread that I usually get when someone adds more to a thread, that was weird for sure! I have obviously subbed to your thread as I wanted to follow with what all you were up to with your grow. Especially with all those cfl's you are using haha. But your plants look totally fine. As long as they don't continue to have those issues with the tips or they don't get any worse, don't worry about it! Mine have looked the same way in the past and they never cause any harm to the plant.

And to be truthful, unless theres something totally obvious with a plant with how it looks with something that might be wrong with it, for the most part anyone is just guessing when they try to help. When I said they needed the Epsom salt, thats exactly what they needed! And btw they look great on that part of the problem you had before. Just don't continue to give it that anymore as they don't need it anymore from the look of things.

Just looking at the pictures you have posted this go around, they look dry to me. I know they probably aren't but in the pics they just look dry! And that might be from all the lights who really knows. But your flowering sites look awesome! Just keep on keeping on man, seems like it all is looking good to me! How to all the trichomes look? Are they mostly still all white? Or have they started turning a little cloudy? Also at what point do you think you'll harvest the plants? As far as what ratio do you want your trichomes to be. Do you want like half of them to turn cloudy or all of them or do you want a mix of cloudy and amber? Let me know what your plans on! I'll check back later to see what all you have to say. Again, sorry for not replying before but like I said I never got notified that there was anything going on with the thread. I'll just make sure to check back and forth here daily when I come to make sure all is well. Take care for now and let me know, bye.

Smokindon,

One more thing about the trichomes. The clear ones are immature with mostly precursor cannabinoids. When they turn cloudy, they are getting towards their peak levels or realized THC. When they turn amber, they are on their way to being past their peak where there is degrading THC
There is new evidence or studies though that are out now that state having the trichomes in amber isn't the rush rush situation that was once thought to be the case. Meaning that growers would get alarmed or panicked when they would all turn amber in color. The amount of time for the plant to start going down in THC levels use to be thought of in terms of a few days. Now however, through more studies and through other growers they are saying this window of time isn't just a few days its actually weeks in length! I have been reading a lot about the trichomes and I was actually surprised with this new found information or study thats been put out. Just wanted to pass that info on to you as well as others. Im by no means an expert on any of this stuff. I'm only basing what I've said off of that new study thats out there now. To me it only makes sense though that this window of opportunity for the THC to maintain its potency would be longer than a few days in the first place.

SparkNshred,

You're advising him at four weeks into flower to stop all nutrients? I thought Smokindon said the plants were at 4 weeks or so into flowering, maybe i read that wrong or didn't see where he said it was longer than that. But if it is at the 4 week time, cutting off the "fertilizer" wouldn't be a good idea at all at this time. Maybe I missed something somewhere in all of this. I would never cut off nutrients at the 4 week point though. Thats one reason I was asking him about the trichomes and colors. I only grow using DWC and not soil but everything I've always read was for 7 weeks or so with nutrients and then going to water only for around 10 days or so then follow up with some flushing. Please correct me here if I'm wrong and I'm in no way trying to step on your toes here. Happy growing and take care.

SparkNshred,
I think I see why you said stop the fertilizer. I went back and saw the date when he first posted this thread. By using that start date he said it was around 4 weeks or so into flowering. Its now been another 2 weeks or so. So that would make it around the 6 week point. So if this is correct, you would still have him stop the fertilizer at the six week point? Or would you suggest giving it another 2 weeks or so then give only water and flush?

HERE is a link that can help....pictures and text
logo8.gif

JimmyV,
My advice was based on the dark green color of the leaves, and the burnt tips. I find that cannabis growers often over-fertilize, and there could be lots of nitrogen built up in the soil, and in the plants' tissues. I could be wrong, though. Wouldn't be the first time! :smokin:

SparkNShred,

Its all good, I wasn't doubting what you were saying about the plants as far as how they were looking with the tips being like they where. I was just trying to figure out why he would stop using fert's at 4 weeks. But like I said its more like 6 weeks based on when he first posted the thread. And I'm certain you know a lot more about soil growing than I do. I only do DWC and never got into to growing with soil. I just wanted to make sure you knew I wasn't trying pick at you with the fert's being stopped. Because after ai went back and looked at the dates, I was like well I guess he's thinking its getting close to 8 weeks now. I was just a little puzzled and thats all. I was just trying to figure out what I had missed, haha. Its all good though and I hope whenever you're growing you have a good time and get some great yields, take care.

Thank guys for all of your help your right it has been about seven weeks. They are looking a lot better than specially the indicas, but the sativa looking a little shaky the buds are smaller and it doesn't seem to be developing as fast as the other plants. The Epsom Salt help the leaves turning up. I am still having a problem with the tips of the leaves turning brown but it doesn't seem to be getting any worse. I was thinking that since it has been a little over seven weeks I would start using just water with no nutes. I was looking at my trichomes are still clear. They don't seem to have enough trichomes on them. Is that normal or do the get more on as they get older. I took a few pictures of my girls trichomes. They may look white but they are clear.

Trichomes_31.jpg

Trichomes_22.jpg

Trichomes_41.jpg

Trichomes_5.jpg

Trichomes_61.jpg

Smokindon,

Hey man good to see an update! Yeah those pics are hard to tell about the trichomes colors! As far as them still being white, you're going to have to continue to feed them or they will end up dying on you! Until you can see some changes in the trichomes color wise you really don't have a lot of choices. You don't want to stop feeding them and then have to start that back up as it will cause them to be stressed which isn't good! As far as having resin dripping off of everything. It would be nice as thats the THC but all the strains are different. The hairs if and when they change colors isn't the key to your harvest its the trichomes doing their color changes.

Once the trichomes are of 50/50, meaning 50% cloudy and 50% amber you'll be lined up to harvest! Some people will also run a 50 white and 50 cloudy but the type of affect from the smoke will be totally different each way. You just have to decide which way you want to go with that, but the end result is there has to be color change on a decent amount for them. I wish I could help you more as I know you're ready to get these things done! Keep us posted and if you need anything just let us know, take care!!

Started just water yesterday but think I'm going to keep feeding them for at another week or two then start them on just water. Right now the trichomes are still clear. The plants donot have a lot of trichomes on them. I am hoping they get more. I think I'm going to shot for a 50% on the color of the trichomes. Can you suggest a way to get my humitity up without going out and buying a humifier? It's only about 40-45 I think it should be a little higher. I mist them everyday when I water them, but still they look a little dry.

Smokindon,

Yeah sometimes plants don't put out a lot of trichomes. It pretty much depends on the strain and that kind of stuff as well. Ive always thought that as well but based off of research thats what I've found to be true. Also, when a I think a particular plant should have more trichomes they always come out just fine and are still very potent plants. Sounds like you're already doing one thing for the humidity with the spraying. To go along with that you can always do the old redneck way to raise the humidity. And that is wetting down several towels daily and hanging them in your growing area. Ive found that when a room is fairly warm to begin with, lets say 78 to 80 the towel method does tend to help. Thats basing the room on like a 10x10. It's raised mine anywhere from 6 to 10% by doing that. But the key here is to already have the added heat in the room to help it raise the numbers. But with yours 40 to 45 I don't really think thats too low to begin with. I'm thinking with the towels it should get you to at least 50% and I don't see anything wrong with that. On so much of the growing aspects of all of this, I think we all stress too much on all of these things. I'm guilty for it as well but so much of the things we all get worried about or want to change, in the end result they just don't make much a difference with what you produce. At least thats the way I see it for me. I mean we all can find so many things we want to change to try to make the grow better. And for the most part we are putting our faith in what others have always said works or what all needs to be done for that perfect grow. But lets face it, as long as you have the basics down you'll get a nice yield, period! And thats exactly what you'll end up with as well, A GOOD YIELD! So don't worry too much about these things, in the long run you'll be just fine! Oh one more thing about the towel method, that is if you still want to mess with it. When you wet the towels down, try to make the water as hot as your hands can handle when having to wring them out and that kind of stuff. And then of course when you're doing this make sure your room is all closed up and do it when the lights are on. If you cant do this with the lights on and the door closed then just do it which ever way works for you. And once again theres no perfect way to do it, this is just the way I do it and its based on common sense when dealing with humidity. Well take care man, and be sure to keep me updated!

JimmyV can you enlighten me on a good seed bank where I can purchase seeds at a reasonable price. I have been looking but there are so many and I don't won't to get stuck with some sorry seeds. I'm debating between fem and reg seeds. What is your opinion?

JimmyV can you enlighten me on a good seed bank where I can purchase seeds at a reasonable price. I have been looking but there are so many and I don't won't to get stuck with some sorry seeds. I'm debating between fem and reg seeds. What is your opinion?

Check out our sponsors, but personally I'd recommend herbies. Good prices, fast shipping(usually 2 weeks to the US), and discreet.

As for fem vs regular. Most like femonized so you don't have to deal with males.

Smokindon

Good to hear from you brother! Hey man id def go with Herbies as well, they are AWESOME! And like others have had they are a sponsor here which makes them even a better company due to the fact they know they got so much business from this website. Meaning they do the best they possibly can to take care of 420Magazine members!

I dont know how soon youre thinking about ordering but Bonzaseeds has a crazy promo for just a short time longer, it ends in a day or two. But if you spend 40 pounds(UK funds) they will send you 14 prememuim seeds for FREE!! They are also a sponsor here as well so id figure they take real good care of us! You can use a credit card on both of these sites and you'll be just fine. Just visit the sponsor page and you'll be able to view the websites for both of these places.

I guess youre getting closer and closer to harvest time! I bet you cant wait for that. Well, take care and give me a shout back to let me know which place you think youll order from as well as how the grow is going.
I forgot to say anything about the seed types for you. I always do the feminized seeds as the regular ones you'll have males seeds in with them as well. Unless you're planning on doing some genetics or some other weird science project, you really don't need the regular seeds. And i don't know about you but for me, I'd hate to grow a plant to the size of 12" or taller just to try to see if its a male or female. To me its a huge waste of time unless you've just got a really big grow area and can just pop them in some media and forget about them until their a lot bigger so you can determine the sex. I'm betting you'll go for the feminized seeds just like I do, haha take care man! Oh, and usually you don't save much money at all going the regular seed route. To me even if I saved a decent amount I still wouldn't want to mess with them.

Hey man where are you?? Let me know how things are going!! Im sure by now you have harvested so Id really like to know how it all turned out. Take care and get back on here and give us an update!!

sick_3.png

sick_1.png

sick_2.png

Hello Fellow Smokers

JimmyV nice hearing from you. I still have clear trichomes, so I still have a little time before harvest. I'm having a problem with the one sativa I have. I have enclosed some pix of it above. I hope someone can help me. As you can see the leaved are turning brown and drying up starting at the tip of the leaves and working up the leaves. The buds look underdeveloped as compared to the buds on the indica plants. I have been feeding them the same Nutes Dyna Gro Bloom 3-12-6 15 mil and some Cal–Mag 15 mil. I hope I can get some help on this. I flushed it the other day and I'm only going to use fresh water on it for the next couple of days. I have enclosed some pix below so everyone that has been following my grow and helping me can see what they look like. As far I can see they look per good to me at least they look a lot better than my first grow. I'm going to start them on fresh water for a week or two depending on the trichomes then flush them and get ready for the harvest.

I did checkout Herbies they seem to be pretty reasonable. JimmyV how much is 40 pounds in US money. I'm still researching the difference strains to find the one that I need. I'm trying to find one that deal with PTSD, pain, insomnia, energy and a good recreational strain. Am looking for any input I can get on this matter. I realize how many strains of marijuana they are and how beautiful they look.

sativa_8.png

sativa_6.png

sativa_10.png

sativa_9.png

sativa_4.png

sick_3.png

sick_1.png

sick_2.png

Hello Fellow Smokers

JimmyV nice hearing from you. I still have clear trichomes, so I still have a little time before harvest. I'm having a problem with the one sativa I have. I have enclosed some pix of it above. I hope someone can help me. As you can see the leaved are turning brown and drying up starting at the tip of the leaves and working up the leaves. The buds look underdeveloped as compared to the buds on the indica plants. I have been feeding them the same Nutes Dyna Gro Bloom 3-12-6 15 mil and some Cal—Mag 15 mil. I hope I can get some help on this. I flushed it the other day and I'm only going to use fresh water on it for the next couple of days. I have enclosed some pix below so everyone that has been following my grow and helping me can see what they look like. As far I can see they look per good to me at least they look a lot better than my first grow. I'm going to start them on fresh water for a week or two depending on the trichomes then flush them and get ready for the harvest.

I did checkout Herbies they seem to be pretty reasonable. JimmyV how much is 40 pounds in US money. I'm still researching the difference strains to find the one that I need. I'm trying to find one that deal with PTSD, pain, insomnia, energy and a good recreational strain. Am looking for any input I can get on this matter. I realize how many strains of marijuana they are and how beautiful they look.

sativa_8.png

sativa_6.png

sativa_10.png

sativa_9.png

sativa_4.png

Herbies is cheaper if you're buying in packs, bonza has more freebies. I did a side by side comparison of herbies vs bonza and came out $80 cheaper, but would've had 6 more free seeds from bonza(when they had the 14 freebies with £40). I buy 3 and 5 packs though.

Back
Top Bottom