Problem in flowering

smokindon

I'm having a problem with my girl. I have one Sativa and six Indicas. They have been in flowering for about four weeks. They are in a 8x8x8 room with 72 23 watt CFL lights. I have been using .5 mil Dyno-Gro Bloom 3-12-6 and .5 mil Botanicare Cal-Mag. The first three pictures are of my sativa. Its stems are bending over and weak the leaves and turning up and yellow on the ends. And it is not maturing slow. The next three are of my indicas there leaves are light in color and the ends are bending over and turning brown. Don't know if this normal thing to happen a four weeks into flowering. I can use any help I can get, since this is only my second grow.
plant21.png
plant31.png
plant13.png
plant7.png
plant6.png
plant51.png

Burnt edges and tips with weak stems sounds like potassium deficiency or nutrient burn. Potassium deficiency should be more prominent on older growth. If you're only feeding 1ml total nutes per liter, I'd lean towards deficiency over nute burn. Dyna gro bloom calls for 10-15ml per gallon, or 2.5-4ml per liter in flower.

I'm using a mixture of Fox Farm Natural and organic Potting mixed with Perlite and Vermiculite, in a 2.5 gallon pot. The room is somewhere between 75-85 ph level 6.5-7 before and drain off about 5.8. Don't know the RH.

With your temps at 85 for a few days, theres NO WAY on earth that, that had anything to do with how your plants look. Its TOTALLY a situation where WAY TOO MUCH LIGHT WAS USED!! When I saw your pics, the first thing that I said was, "too many lights". Then when I read where you said you had 72, 23w cfl's I'm thinking you prob wrote that number down wrong?? I don't see how it would be possible at all to use or have hanging that many lights at all! Maybe you meant to type 22 cfl's, heck even thats too many! And for the ones that want to say CFL's don't really put off too much heat. Well, in my book they do put off a good deal of heat. Obviously not as much as other lights do but they still put off enough heat to create issues as they have for this grower! Also with 72 cfl's on at the same time, you've got you a real good fire hazard as well! It's not even good on your extension cords or the paint on your walls to have that many bulbs burning, VERY DANGEROUS situation for sure, and IM REALLY HOPING YOUR number was wrong when it comes to the amount of bulbs you stated you were using!

Im like the other responder here when they say they would like to see your set up, lol Id love to see it myself! But like I've said, I'm sure theres a typo to the amount of lights you're talking about. But your problem is an issue with way too much light for sure and thats even with a typo! Also, for your plant that looks pretty good in the picture. Which btw you actually do have a good looking plant in that picture. It looks like you need a little more nitrogen in your water. You can see how the leafs are lighter green in your pictures. Maybe its just the way your camera put the pic out but it does look like you need more nitrogen as well looks like a little mag def. When I've had leaf curling like yours show you're having you can fix that VERY EASY AND VERY FAST! First let me say you wouldn't want to always turn to this if you're going to continue to have a mag def but Epsom salt will take care of those curling leafs pretty much in a 24 hour period for you. But like I say you don't want to use Epsom salt all the time for that problem if you keep on having it. And a little goes a very very very long way! You'll need like a half a teaspoon to fix the curling leafs. Don't over do the Epsom salt or you'll have more issues!

Keep us posted with your grow and let us know if things are getting corrected for you now! Also, answer the million dollar question about the amount or total number of cfl's that you're actually using, take care and good luck!

That's pretty kick ass. CFL do work, but for the amount of watts wasted I would stick to LED & deal with less heat. Thanks for the photo tho :D

JimmyV do you still think that I am using to many lights? I turned about half of them out to see how it works out. No will get some today and mix it with my next watering. I have a 4 gallon bucket that I use to mix so going by what you suggested I should use about a half a teaspoon per gallon. So for four gallon I should use about two teaspoon right. And what is the name of your book and where can I get a copy?

iseckz right I have to do cfls till I get the money to buy me some LEDs. This only my second grow so I am still learning. First grow only had small space with 12 lights then I went to bigger room built this lights to uses maybe I went overboard. I read that more light bigger buds.

true, more "efficient" light = more.
But I seen cfl's work magic so I feel you when you say you're working with what you have.
Maybe a portable a/c to maintain some steady temps could help.
I just know cfl's cause a lot heat.
We all started from somewhere. cfl king myself.

JimmyV add some Epsom today will see outcome tomorrow. That was a half of teaspoon per gallon right. Do you think that is to much light? What is the name of your book and where can I get a copy.

No_15.jpg

No_19.jpg

No_10.jpg

No_13.jpg

No_12.jpg

No_18.jpg

No_14.jpg

Okay update on my girls JimmyV took your advice added a little Epsom salt and increased my Dyno-Gro to 10 mil and I moved my lights up. The pictures above are of my sativa. I had to get it up because it was falling over. I am still having a problem with brown tips and it doesn't seem to be progressing well. The picture below are of my indica they seem to be doing better. They needed to lifted up to. Buds are looking good.

No_9.jpg

No_8.jpg

No_7.jpg

No_2.jpg

No_3.jpg

No_5.jpg

No_6.jpg

No_4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom