yellow in flower

gsxr440

I know there's probably other posts about this but I can't find one that answers of my questions... Ok I'm growing in soil and for the life of me I can't slow the yellowing of the leaves in flower and I mean they yellow fast to where there are almost no leaves left besides the small leaves around the bud at about 5 to 6 weeks in to flower ....
Ok this is what I'm doing
My ferts are all earth juice
Grow
Bloom
Catalyst
Micro blast
Meta k
And I use
Age old organics kelp
General hydro diamond nector
And botanicate sweet ..
And my soil is happy frog I gp back and forth between that and ocean forest...
During grow I feed
15 mil. Grow
5 mil. Bloom
5 mil. Cat.
5 mil. Kelp
All that every watering...
Every third water I use 15 mil. Of diamond nector
And once or twice during veg. I'll use the micro blast

Everything is kick Ass during veg never a problem always fast green growth

Ok now for flowering I use the normal transition nute levels
And they look fine ..

For straight up flower after 2 to 3 waterings of the transition nutes I go with
15 mil. Bloom
5 mil. Grow
5 mil. Cat.
2.5 mil meta k every other watering
5 mil kelp olny for the first 4 weeks
15 mil sweet every other watering
15 mil diamond nector every third watering

And I bubble every drop of nutes and water I feed my plants for atleast 24 to 48 hours

Now everything looks very good till about the forth week then leaves start
To yellow I know that's to be expected but it happens very fast in like a week
Or 2 all the fan leaves are gone and most of the other leaves are yellow.
I know it's normal but I don't think it's supposed to happen this fast I think the leaves dropping is affecting my yield to that's what I'm most concerned about......
Any tips or if it sounds like I'm doing something wrong any advice would be much appreciated ....I'll throw in some pics I'm 6 weeks in right now so I have about 2 weeks left .... Thanks all

Re: yellow in flower ...

:welcome: to :420:

Have you tried upping the Grow formula to say 10 ml and see if that helps to slow the yellowing? While it sounds like N-deficiency, it would be helpful to be able to see what's going on. This might help you get a few pictures uploaded/posted for all to see - Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos.

Dropping leaves and yellowing in flowering is completely normal, especially if you change nutes. If they don't die, there's nothing to worry about.

Dropping leaves and yellowing in flowering is completely normal, especially if you change nutes. If they don't die, there's nothing to worry about.

really? ok because I'm freaking out. My first girl just two days ago started to yellow at the top. I had used the transition phase of the General Hydroponics to go to the flowering combination, and about three days ago I started adding "Big Bud", and "Bud Candy" as per the box directions. I was worried that there might be too much, but this yellowing on these leaves has me worried.
photo_1_123.JPG

If they started yelloeing at the top it's not nitrogen, but nost likely CALCIUM or MAGNESIUM, which means your soil mix was not rich enough in these micronutrients or you locked them out by changing PH with your liquid nutes. I'd check PH first, then estimated how long you should wait till the harvest, and start fixing the problem, but without pumping more stuff they don't need, especially nitrogen.

So there is too much nitrogen? Or I need to add calcium and Magnesium? I should add this is a deep water recirculation hydro system, the General Hydro flora grow had been in the water for a few days with no problem, the problem started when I added the "big bud" and Bud Candy", literally 24 hours later the yellowing started. we still have 7 weeks of flower I think at min.

I'm not an expert on hydro unfortunately, and you chimed in with different grow than we've been trying to analyse, but yeah, your problem is definitely linked to Ca or Mg (better pics would help a lot). To fix this you need to give these nutes first, and probably regulate PH of your DWC, or whatever you're using.

Ah ok, thank you so much. Sorry to interrupt on this growing method, I'm very thankful for the help. I had been using "Cal-Mag" in veg growth, maybe I need to increase this one to a higher level in flowering. It's night time now, but I'll try to get better photos with the macro SLR camera that show the colors.

I need to get some pics in here so you guys can give me some more Intel on mine just been busy ...but thanks to all who are giving the good advice

No problem, smallstar. It's just a lil bit confusin' giving answers to 2 different problems including very different growing methods and such. But to elaborate on your probs, Ca and Mg are usually uptaken by the plant with P. In organics it's a rare deficiency, cause bat guano or bonemeal will have sufficient amount of Ca-Mg for most of the strains. I supplement it with powdered egg shells and volcanic rock dust. Then you're in hydro, which makes micronutrients available only if you're water is rich in them or you pump thm ad nutes. If you switched during flowering you caused a mild shock, which you now have to fix. Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom