Problem with ph

papaduckie

I was gonna post this in the faq forum but everytime i click on that forum it logs me out so here I am.
I read on here that vinegar lowers ph but in my dwc it only lowers it for 30 to 45 minutes then it spikes back to a 7ph lower it down to 6ph with the vinegar and half hour later im back to a 7ph any help on this problem would be greatly appreciated as I wanna get my GDP plant growing and start a new journal. it has been in the dwc for a week now and not growing due to ph problems so I need to get this under control. I am going all organic on the dwc to see what it`s like but till I get ph down and can keep it down it isnt doing much. tyvm for any and all input.
papaduckie

Water with a lot of minerals will go up in ph while the water oxidizes. You can use vinegar in distiller water and it will reduce ph for longer. I suggest you use phosphoric acid food grade. That lasts longer.

Another product to use to lower the PH is FOOD GRADE citric acid for organic gardens and it keeps it down, however when your water reserves get lower the PH will go back up so keep an eye on it.

Back
Top Bottom