Problems about slow growing / yellow leafs

wiidnoob

Hello and please take time to read all this info about my plant so you, pro growers, can give me a solution.

Pot size : about 1.5 KG.

Watering : Every 3-4 days ( when the soil is dry, I test it with my finger, " dry when finger clean " ) I use about 400ml of normal water for my 1.5 KG pot. ( 400ml / watering ).

Nutrients : Every 7 days, I use universal nutrient ( 7 in 1 ) fluid dissolved in water.

Soil type : special growing soil + perlite, soil details: organic matter 55 - 60 % moisture 65 - 75 % mineral salt 0.7 - 0.8 % mineral nitrogen 50 - 150mg / kg soluble potassium 100 - 150mg / kg

Light setup : 3 CFL ( economic ) Light bulbs, total real 113 Watts [ about 500 advertised Watts ].

Light program : 24/24 Lights ON.

Temperature : Constant 26-27 °C ( celsius degree ).

PH Tester : I don't have one at the moment.

Pot setup : The growing pot is inside a box that has some large air holes. ( no air fan at the moment just big holes so that air can go in and out ).

Indoor setup : The plant is in a room that has fresh air 1 time / day ( open windows ).

The pot : the pot has many drain holes in it as you can see in the pictures.

Plant : The plant is about 6 weeks old.

Transplanted : 1 week ago I've transplanted it to this 1.5 KG growing pot.

Problems :

1. Growing so so so so slow.

2. The leafs are turning yellow from the bottom to the top [ its the second time when this happened and I did cut down the dead leafs ( 3 of them ) ] Do I need to cut this ones too ?

3. I think the plant is not looking very well or healthy, it looks strange to me. Any opinions ?

Thank you and sorry for my bad English .

Heres my two cents.

Cfl's + soil equals a very slow grow.
Also, Cfl's have no penatration as the light dissapates rapidly. Hold yourhand next to the bulb then lower it slowly and you will see ho quickly the light gets weak.

The lower leaves yellow on all my cfl grows I have done. Its normal. I reccomend leaving them until they easily come off with just your fingers. :)
Also, I think your plant is looking fairly good. Dont be concerned, with 100w of CFL's and soil, you are gonna need to be patient in your grow sir. :)

Heres my two cents.

Cfl's + soil equals a very slow grow.
Also, Cfl's have no penatration as the light dissapates rapidly. Hold yourhand next to the bulb then lower it slowly and you will see ho quickly the light gets weak.

The lower leaves yellow on all my cfl grows I have done. Its normal. I reccomend leaving them until they easily come off with just your fingers. :)
Also, I think your plant is looking fairly good. Dont be concerned, with 100w of CFL's and soil, you are gonna need to be patient in your grow sir. :)

Thank you and I really hope that the plant will not get all yellow form bottom to top ...

PS : How many weeks does a CFL grow need to get complete ?

Depends.

If you read your strain needs 8 weeks, add at least a week. But its not the flowering that really extends the grow time. Its the Veg. Ive went straight from seed 12/12 and had smoke in 10 weeks.
But Ive also had 60 day autoflowers grow for 100 days.

The most important thing is that you dont harvest too soon. One of the best advantages of soil is the high quality smoke you et from growing in it. Soil really puts on the oils and flavors but these things happen in the last two weeks more than the previous 6 weeks IMO.

My advice to you is to be patient. Let her get as fat as possible. And dont cut her before the Sticky gets Icky. :)

Hi wiidnoob :ciao: Welcome to :420:

The Plant aka "The Plant" should have 18 hours on, 6 hours off.

Get a pH tester :high-five:

Ok I will try this new light program ! But a PH tester is damn expensive in my country ... about 50 $ ( a poor quality one ) and I'm on a low budget at the moment ... spent a lot on the seed , nutes , soil , perlite , light bulbs etc ...

Hi there... Im a newbie too.. Growing in a homemade soil mix and using cfls..

How far away do you keep the lights ?... Mine are within 4 inches max. This allows more light penetration to the plant..

Is it a normal photoperiod plant or an auto ??.. My set up uses a dual spectrum 200w cfl bulb..

Im no expert, maybe your nutes are not giving enough goodness to the young lady., my nutes are all organic.. Fish tank water/ filter clean and worm castings from my lawn.

I hope your grow recovers. Best of luck
:Namaste::peace:

Back
Top Bottom