Problems install Can-Fan carbon air filter..with pics

Ryguy0097

Hey everyone, I bought this carbon air filter from my local hydroponics store but I'm not sure how to install the electrical cord to the fan.... It came with instructions but they are very vague and it just shows a chat with all three of the wires connected. I understand how to connect the white and black wires, but I am not sure about the green wire. It has a metal loop at the end and I don't know what I should do with it...any help would be greatly appreciated....:peace:

Pics will be up soon

The green is the ground and in the area where the other wires hook up there should be a screw that allows the wire loop to be hooked to it. It's a chassis ground and I do the same thing with the reflectors I build. That way I don't become the ground when I reach out and grab my hood for any reason.lol

a little 120 volt shock won't hurt ya! :smokin: It's the 277 volt one that put me on my ass. :laughtwo: but seriously though, hook up the ground! :geek:

I've picked myself up several times. The worst was when I poked at a capacitor in a TV. It had about 10000volts in and it almost killed me. My heart was pounding weirdly for a hour after that one.lol I thought having the TV unplugged for a day was enough. I found out the hard way that it takes about 3 days for the capacitors to fully discharge. Good thing I waited the day too. It had close to 20000 volts at full charge. Electricity is fun to play with but definately keep respect for it. About the time you think you understand it, you get bit. hhhmmm....electricity and women have a lot in common don't they...;););)(jk)

thanks for the help everyone....here are some pics...but i still cannot seem to figure out how to connect the ground..it wont fit over it, in it or anything...heres a pic Its suppose to go on the far left( I think)

IMG_07251.jpg

IMG_0724.jpg

Back
Top Bottom