Problems with my outdoor girls in Brazil - Leaves yellowing - Help please

Spacecadet79

Hey guys I have been a long time reader here but never actually signed up until now. First of off this is a great site where i got tons of useful info for my 1st 2 grows.
Well lets get to the details: I am on my second outdoor grow in Brazil
the soil i am using here is regular gardening soil with horse manure in it(unfort down here we dont have many options like u guys do in the states)
Anyways the seeds i had were from a variety pack that contained white widow, white rhino a AMS mix(which i dont remember and 2 other arjan haze's that didnt make it :(
Anywhoo I started off the grow somewhat early in the season so i have a feeling my plants got stunted as the weather here was really weird for a good month, unusually cold, rainy, not too much light.
After the weather stabilized and the plants started growing i started feeding them Nirvana. So far so good, they seemed to really shoot up for a while and then in mid summer they just seemed to stop growing all together. May have been heat stress as it got really, hot here and the sun was just scorching. Also i could tell i had several pests, like possibly thrips and def spider mites due to the sub par soil with manure, I have been using neem, garlic/tobacco jucie to try and get rid of them but they still seem to be plentiful outside
Well long story short i stopped feeding them nirvana, as the leaves started to yellow. I ended up flushing them for a 1st time to get rid of any possible salt build ups..
After that Thinking it may have been a nitrogen or magnesium deficiency i started feeding them liquid karma which has small traces of nitrogen amongst other things, also started feeding them some bud candy which is basically just a magnesium supplement(mollasses if im not mistaken), didnt really notice any difference with the bud candy. Well they have all been flowering for a good month at least and all of a sudden the leaves started to yellow. I know when they start flowering the leaves yellow naturally but i dont think its at that stage of floweing yet where it should be yellowing the way that they are.
Thinking it could be a magnesium deficiency i added some epsom salt(1 teaspoon/gallon) a couple of days later the yellowing became much worse, leading me to believe it could be a nitrogen deficiency.
Kind of freaked out i flushed 3 of them and then added a miracle grow bloom fertilizer after the flush( i know many of you say its not the best but its the only one i have available to me down here, hoping that wasnt a big mistake on my part)
The other 3 that were also yellowing i did not flush and just added some MG bloom fertilizer 15-30-15. To see if in fact if it is just a nutrient deficiency. I'm all freaked out now bc i really am not able to tell if it is a Nutrient Def., nutrient burn(due to the epsom salt(i think this would be rather hard though as i said before i only used 1 teaspoon for a gallon) or if its just heat stress
Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated as to what could be wrong with my babies and what could help fix them.
I dont know the PH of the soil as my ph tester has not arrived yet..Ordered one over a month ago and still nothing. Again its 10x harder to get any of these things down here. Boy do you guys have it made, really hard to come across almost anything down here..and when we do its at least triple the price.
Here is the link with some pics..I can upload more if needed:
Yellowing Leaves - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery
Thnx in advance
Spacecadet

Re: Problems with my outdoor girls in Brazil(leaves yellowing) Help please

I would not worry too much.
remove the yellow leaves , flush and wait a few days see if it gets better.
It can be many things ,as you said magnesium deficiency, but that does not strike me as the rest of the leafs looks nice healthy green .
It could be a shade thing ,old leaves ....etc...

maybe some one else has a better answer to your question?

Good luck my man .

Greetz
Casa Verde

I would not worry too much.
remove the yellow leaves , flush and wait a few days see if it gets better.
It can be many things ,as you said magnesium deficiency, but that does not strike me as the rest of the leafs looks nice healthy green .
It could be a shade thing ,old leaves ....etc...

maybe some one else has a better answer to your question?

Good luck my man .

Greetz
Casa Verde

Thanks Casa Verde for the quick reply. A couple of things.. I dont think its a shade thing as all of them are getting a lot of sunlight for most of the day. So much so that i had to put a shade cloth to block out some light and to also prevent too much heat. These pictures were taken with them in a different spot(moved them to flush)
I flushed half of them and a couple of minutes after the flush I added some Miracle grow bloom fert to it, should i have done that?
So half got flushed(again bc i started to freak) and the other half just the miracle grow fert. Should i have just flushed and not put anything at all?
Thing that got me worried is that i think i had a lot of salt build up, so i flushed for the 1st time a week and a half ago. After that with the yellowing continuing i added epsom salt and the yellowing became much worse a few days later, so freaking out thinking i may have burned them i flushed them again(today and thats when i added the MG fert). Hope that made sense ;)
Arrrg im a mess!!
Thanks so much for the help i really appreciate it

this is a part from a gardening book

Large leaf turns yellow, small leaves remain green
This is probably due to a shortage of nitrogen. What can you do? Increase the amount of nitrogen in the nutrient solution and keep an eye on what happens. If the plants are the next days darker in color reduce the amount of nitrogen.

Edit: not saying it is the solution to your problem but...i'm just thinking with you here.

If you going to flush ,just flush with PH down on 5.8/6.2 no nutrients .

you also can do a soil test with distilled water to check if your PH level is correct.

Thnx again Casa Verde.. Hopefully they will start looking better in a couple of days..Unfort since i got a little nervous at the site of all the yellowing i flushed and like 10 mins later added a cup of nutrieent filled water..Hopefully that wont do much harm..
They have gone through soo much but even with all the hardships they are crystalling up like crazy(even though they seem to be underdeveloped for almost 4 month old plants)
I'll try and take better pictures these next few days to show you guys..

Ok updayed and took a couple more pics..

- 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

I just think my babies are waaay too small for their age..What do you guys think? After about 2 months(when it went full blown summer) they just stopped growing. And it seems to me that their yield is pathetic compared to my 1st grow last year.
I know i burned a couple of them from the nutes so they all got a flush(the 1st time i flushed i made the mistake of flushing and then putting in some nutes straight away)
I'm thinking several of them are nitrogen deficient. The nutrients i have available to me at the moment are: Nirvana, Liquid Karma and Miracle grow flowering.
I was thinking of maybe using Nirvana(which is comprised of seaweed, magnesium and some other trace minerals and amino acids(according to them) together with some diluted urine(1 part urine/10 parts water) for the nitrogen.

Do you guys think that using both the urine and nirvana at the same time would be a problem? You guys think any of those would help?

Just a side bar and maybe a little more info. I noticed that when i flushed, i saw tons of little white miniscule creatures that move around very fast and jump and look like fleas but are white. They are very small and kind of resemble ants but not quite. I've looked everywhere and havent been able to identify them so i dont know if they are beneficial or if they are eating my roots. I know that i have spider mites on the leaves that i have been treating with neem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as i would like to try and increase the yield as best possible without hurting them any further
Thanks again all!

Hey !
If the climate is not optimal ,heat,wrong humidity level the stomata of the plant can close .
If it's closed there cant be any transport in the leaves/plant and become stop working or standing still .
If you have this in a indoor grow ,you can switch of all the lights because there is nothing happening untill the climate is back to normal and the leaves can breath again.

There are a lot of video clips about stomata problems or about the transport in a plant.

This could be one the problems you be running in 2 ,maybe you can check out some vidz on this.

The bugs could be anything ,spider mites,Thrips,aphis,lice.......

I think its better to take your loss learn from it and move on to the next grow .

Greetz
Casa Verde

Back
Top Bottom