Problems with pineapple chunk dwc

Just a little update, looks like the burn has stop spreading from going from full dose of nutes to only half, even tho i reduced my nute strength in half, the plant still drinking a little more water than nutes, not that much tho, its pretty stable now. Will be harvesting in about 2 weeks.

What do you guys think about harvesting top canopy, and lettin the lower growth go for another 2 weeks give or take? You think that extra time would help the lower buds get fatter and denser?

Just a little update, looks like the burn has stop spreading from going from full dose of nutes to only half, even tho i reduced my nute strength in half, the plant still drinking a little more water than nutes, not that much tho, its pretty stable now. Will be harvesting in about 2 weeks.

Good to hear! Can't wait to see how the harvest turns out.

Yield wise the pineapple chunk was not that big

Quite small compact buds, but the quality was very good.
I only grew 2 of them but it's quite an interesting strain.

Not sure if it was just the particular seeds I had but it was different from the approx 10 different strains I've tried to date.

The stems were huge, all the way up to the top.
At each internode it had large knuckle like lumps that if anything should add a lot of strength to the branches.
I won't grow it again though.
It's kinda like a typical woman. Very temperamental and needs a lot of attention.

I'm starting to doubt all these cross bred hybrids that promise the world.

Going back to a more stable strain in sensi seeds skunk #1.
A much more predictable and stable plant.
So I've heard

I wouldn't do that mate!.

As the plant is coming to the end of it's life cycle I don't think it'll have the strength to recover.

If it was still in veg stage ad you topped half the plant I'm guessing it would take at least 2 weeks just to recover and start growing again

It would also shock the plant too much and the remaining buds would suffer and not develop anymore.

That's only my opinion though as I haven't tried this before.

I've come to accept that my lower portion of the plant will be a little under developed, unless you have good side lighting the lower areas.

What do you guys think about harvesting top canopy, and lettin the lower growth go for another 2 weeks give or take? You think that extra time would help the lower buds get fatter and denser?

I had a ww that was a friggin bush I harvested the top foot of the plant and cleared the main canopy, at this point if it doesn't recover u aren't losing anything those buds on the lower sites r still there. Mine didn't try to recover it just accepted there was no top canopy and started putting energy onto those lower cites. I didn't take the top buds until I thought they were ripe, thus no risk of loss on the experiment.
image11381.jpg
that was the plant I did the double cropping too.

I'm growing pineapple chunk as well and she is the most sensitive strain I've ever seen, she burned every time I grew her, but she was the bomb.
Old thread, but just wanted to add..im starting week 7 in fower, and this has been my hardest plant by far to date! Its my biggest as well, and what others mentioned is correct, you can't feed her! She eats less than my auto's that were a third of the size..even mid flowering now..it seems even 600 ppm is killing her. long stems, but small buds, frosty, no smell whatsoever! It would be a miracle if the plant lives till week 10..im sure it'll barely have leaves left on it within 2 weeks. My first and last attempt with this strain!!!

Back
Top Bottom