proper mother pruning

Hackk

This is a question that goes out to the experienced growers with many clones under the belt...

I have a og kush mother, havent taken any clippings from her yet, as Im afraid of raping her for what I need. OG naturally tends to get a little stretchy, and Im trying to "bush" her up. She has an asymetrical grow, and is currently 3ft high.Do you guys have any tips on the best method to top/FIM/prune the girl to gain the most growth tips out of the plant. I need to try and get 20 +/- cuttings from her a month for a 16 site grow, and I dont want to leave her looking like a skeleton with no grow back potential.

Thanks for taking the time!

P.S. I did take a couple cuttings from the other plants of the same strain, so in the future I can have extra mothers, so this problem is for now

the best way to prune is a mother is to make it looks like a candle holder.
candle_holder.jpg

so when you take the 20+ clones you will take then from the bottom and work your way up. leave 5 to 6 good branches that are connected to the main steam, and top the top as minimal as possible this will make the lower 5 shots spring to the top. just like the candle holder pic.

besure to let your mother recover for about two to three weeks before making more cuttings!

let me know if you have any Q!
-mauve

Back
Top Bottom