Proposal 1

Ms. RedEye

420 Support
420 Staff
Below is the approved language for November's ballot proposal. A YES vote will help pass this into law. :yummy:

Proposal 08-1:

A legislative initiative to permit the use and cultivation of marijuana for specified medical conditions

The proposed law would:

- Permit physician approved use of marijuana by registered patients with debilitating medical conditions including cancer, glaucoma, HIV, AIDS, hepatitis C, MS and other conditions as may be approved by the Department of Community Health.

- Permit registered individuals to grow limited amounts of marijuana for qualifying patients in an enclosed, locked facility.

- Require Department of Community Health to establish an identification card system for patients qualified to use marijuana and individuals qualified to grow marijuana.

- Permit registered and unregistered patients and primary caregivers to assert medical reasons for using marijuana as a defense to any prosecution involving marijuana.

Should this proposal be adopted? YES or no.

oh HELL YEAH!!

Is this for Michigan or all of the US or what??

Oh Ive been praying for a little common sense in this country

Oh Ive been praying for a little common sense in this country

Common sense seems to be in short supply these days :smokin:. I'm just hoping that the federal legislators will open their eyes and do the right thing when they see every state in the nation pass medical marijuana laws.

Way to go Michigan! Pass that Proposal! Legal action is all well and good but, political action is a must for the cannabis marijuana movement. Marijuana Party is the only political party fighting to reverse the wrongs of prohibition legislation. In Canada, Marijuana Party has been formally registered since 2000; Windsor West Electoral District Association (EDA), the first in Ontario, was registered Aug(26) 2005.
If you don't have a Marijuana Party in your federal political jurisdiction, start one up yourself. All one needs is three (3) people to form a political association.

In Canada, Windsor West CFO will assist anybody who wishes to form an EDA in any federal jurisdiction without an existing Marijuana Party EDA. It's not difficult and the only cost is a few stamps.
Students in political science, sociology, law, etc will find political action a great subject for projects, papers and studies. Not only that but, political action contains a social aspect through the networking of like minded individuals. Marijuana Party operates within the law and that is the Canada Election Act of 2003 (eff 01 Jan 2004). As always, peace!

Yay Michigan! I can really see this passing.

I've read this was polling 65 to 70% in favor, (a landslide)

There was no real opposition until a single committee formed last week (way too late to have an effect in my opinion)

I hope this ratio holds and Michigen gets the relief they deserve

Back
Top Bottom