Pugs hung for 4 days, day 4 in Bags No smell please help

Ok then, i will be in touch!!!

I suppose you find it odd that I am not a smoker? I actually quit smoking cigarettes 5 years ago.. now to get my husband to quit.. yeah, in my dreams, lol

I'd move them around at least once in the middle of the 5 or 6 days to make sure that any covered buds get to the air to dry too. You should remove as much stem material as well. They will only help the buds hold moisture in. Once the stem under the smaller buds start to crack when bent place them into jars for a cure. Open the jars a couple times a day until all the buds are dry and a joint rolled with them stays lit. If you get things too dry lettuce makes a great rehydrator. A paper towel with water on it will do the same. Just place them into a jar with the bud for a hour or two and the moisture is transfered to the buds.
Tell your husband that before he throws anything out check with me. Even if it is crap (which I doubt it is)...one could make some hash out of it and still get something useful to smoke or vaporize.

I took care of these plants I think more than he did. I made sure the hudmity tanks were filled, I prepared the solution for feeding. All he did was water them, lol

they were my babies.. can someone just explain to me why they do not smell like skunk now that they are cut down? they are all in paper bags. I will make sure they are dry this time but still have no idea about the jars.

a) how much do you put in the jars?
b) how long do you leave them in the jars?
c) do you open the jars daily, or more than once a day?

I won't them him throw it all out. There is 4 large baggies, I mean a lot. No way will I allow him too.

We want to start our next crop it will be White Widow & White Queen. Hopefully we will end up with more than just 3 plants. Legally, he's allowed 25 plants at any grow cycle. WOOOO HOOOOO !!! wish us luck

once the bud is dry you fill the jar with bud. you will open it once a week for a few seconds just to let the gases escape. you will have them in jars for atleast 14 days but i recamend going 30 days. this is called the cure. by the time you are done your buds should be these beutiful golden nuggets. :peace:

picked to early? you mean i didn't allow it to dry long enough?

The leaves were turning yellow and falling off. It flowered for 10 weeks which is what the strain called for. Its Hawaiian skunk.

I will continue to monitor this site and let you know what transpires. Thanks very much for all your help and suggestions

Tina

picked to early? you mean i didn't allow it to dry long enough?

The leaves were turning yellow and falling off. It flowered for 10 weeks which is what the strain called for. Its Hawaiian skunk.

I will continue to monitor this site and let you know what transpires. Thanks very much for all your help and suggestions

Tina

picked to early means your mj was not able to fully mature. it says 10 weeks but that just a quidline it could go for 14 weeks or maybe even more.

and as for the leaves falling off and turning yellow that could have been a nute deficency.

i wouldnt worry to much though the bud looks ymmy and should be very potent after a solid cure.

It sounds like you've done great from what you've told us. Can you please upload your picture to our gallery? I missed it when it was here temporarily. As far as how much you should fill your jars...I always think of Torco's harvest pictures: :peace:

Torco's Harvest PICS

Sounds like your doing fine. When drying, the smell usually goes away and turns to a "hay-like" scent. This is the chlorophyll breaking down and it is completely normal. The signature skunk smell should return once the buds are done curing.

Open the jars a couple times a day to release the gasses produced from curing.

Tell your husband "patience Grasshopper". :cheesygrinsmiley: :peace:

once the bud is dry you fill the jar with bud. you will open it once a week for a few seconds just to let the gases escape. you will have them in jars for atleast 14 days but i recamend going 30 days. this is called the cure. by the time you are done your buds should be these beutiful golden nuggets. :peace:
If you only open the jars once a week while the bud is curing I can almost guarantee moldy bud. While the cure is occurring the jars must be opened at least once a day 3 to 4 times a day would be better. After the cure is over then open once a week or so to make sure all is alright.

Beauts...next harvest don't judge the final ripeness by how many weeks flowering or leaf color. Judge by trichome color. Here is a tutorial on how to do that using a 30X magnifying glass or jewelers loupe.

Hi im back

Today is day 6 of drying the buds in the paper bag. Some of the stems break off, some don't. How much longer should I leave them dry now? Another few days??

oh yes, we move them around and shake the bag a bit, then have to wash my hands about 10000000 times to get the stickyness away (i am the wife, the NON smoker) LOL

My wife helps me out with this too... and trimming. And She doesn't smoke either... I'm gonna go give her a kiss and say thank you. :joint:

I usually move them into mason jars (or large glass jars, the Asian market near my house sells Kim chi in 1 1/2 gal glass jars... My wife loves Kim chi too!), as I can break the stem instead of bend them.

Check em once a day.. you'll find that moisture re-distributes to the jar as a whole, and stems that were "snappy" before now bend.

You rock! and good luck!

Back
Top Bottom