Purple Kush- Newbies- Advice is Appreciated =)

LushezAmber89

***If any background info is needed, you can visit my old thread: Background Info
It'll have the same info pretty much.

Here is a picture of it before it got healthy:
IMG_06522.JPG

We are growing what we think is a Purple Kush seed. (We're not sure because we found it in our grinder after grinding up Purple Kush) It sprouted May 15th. We have it growing in a small cup of Miracle Grow potting soil. (We are transplanting and we plan on using a soil without nutrients) It is currently only at a 12/12 cycle (it is sharing our larger plants light cycle) but we will be changing it to 18/6 shortly. We have it only under 1 HID light currently but that will also change soon. Our pH is between a 7-8 and so is the water we are using which is tap set out over night.

We're trying to keep this as cheap yet efficient as possible.

We've already had a few bumps in the road but our plant is now healthy =)

If anyone knows about this strain, feel free to let us in on any secrets or tips!

We're not sure about it's veg length or flowering length or even the appropriate light cycles.

We would also appreciate advice on specific soils or nutrients we might be able to obtain from a Lowes or Home Depot (we don't really have any nurseries in our area)

:thanks::thanks::thanks:

Im growing more Purple Kush from a seed in a batch grown in humboldt. I'm curious of where you got yours? Good luck. Its a danky, sticky, delicious, grapey goodness

Lush, whats up? I am just about to finish up 2 purple kush myself. I see that you want to go cheap. But if you get ahold of some Fox Farm soil...it will help. Fox Farm Ocean Forrest has enough nutrients in the soil to last you around 30 days. This will save on buying vegging nutrients. 18/6 or 24/0 as Yung said are both good times for the Vegging cycle. So, you first start with your "Veg" or "Vegging" cycle. This is the inital growth of your plant. The longer you veg the tall and bigger your plant will become. If you can give me an idea of the size of your grow space I can help you decided how long you should veg for. Usually when you go from the Veg cycle to the Flowering cycle... your plants will about double or a lil more in size. Once you know when you want to start the "Flowering" cycle all you need to do is switch the lights to 12hrs on 12 hrs off. Make sure there is no light getting into the box during the 12hrs off time. It can mess up all your work.

For flowering, if you can get a hold of some Fox Farm Tiger Bloom nutrients, it would help! It will give you a higher and more potent yield in the end.

Purple Kush flowering time is around 9-10 Weeks. But, it also depends on what kind of stone you want. As YUNG mentioned... he likes 70% amber, 30% milky. I will clarify this for you. As THC heads mature they will change in color. They will start off clear, then cloudy, then cloudy and amber, then full amber. Cloudy THC heads will give you a "head" high...a.k.a. Sativa high. And Amber THC heads will give you a "couch lock" or "body" high...a.k.a. Indica High. And of course having amber and cloudy THC heads will give you a mix of both.

Ill be back if you have any more questions.

:roorrip:

You need to use the proper nutrients after 3 weeks of seedling stage for one...
You also should prob consider transplanting into a 2 gal pot or biger depending on size limitations.
For a first time grow, you should use either foxfarm soil, or make your own soil by simply buying peat moss, pear lite, and vermiculite... Add 50% pear lite, 50% vermiculite, for the bottom inch or 2 for good drainage... then add 50% peat moss, 25% pear lite, 25% vermiculite, for the rest of the pot...
Try not to "pack" down the soil too much, the roots need to be able to grow easily.
Never share pots with other plants... roots will entangle and one will almost always die.
Start off plants in 18/6, and keep the lights as close as possible without going over 80 degrees. Make sure you have fan to move the air around well.
Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom