Purple leaf stems

everlasting tree

They are getting plenty of light threw a aglex 2000
The temps never go above 82 and never below 70
Is this normal and plus I’m wondering how my plants look if they seem healthy or not any reply’s would be appreciated
image.jpg
3ED114E2-8663-42D3-8D48-CD0CBEB31EF6.jpeg
image.jpg

Genetics usually are the cause. I think cool temps in late flower can turn on some dark colors, too. There was a clone only strain around here for a bit that was called Black Afghani. It was super purple while growing, and blackish when cured. The plants do look fairly healthy, but a little stressed---water schedule?

So far there a random strain some may be grandad purp but not sure and I believe I did over water them
And I recently topped them and are training them and the water temps are usually 70 degrees

Purple petioles(leaf stalks) can turn color due to strain or a deficiency. Your plants look good, but they look over watered to me. What size pots are they in? How much and how often do you water? What is the ph of your water going in?
And they are in 1 gallon transplanted them a little over a week ago

The ph I try to keep at 6.0 to 6.5 and I water them when there’s about an inch of dry soil on top

You'll want to keep the ph at 6.3-6.8. You can lock out calcium in soil below 6.2 I believe. Read the below thread on how to properly water a potted plant. Great resource

The ph I try to keep at 6.0 to 6.5 and I water them when there’s about an inch of dry soil on top
Heft your pots to determine watering schedule. That looks like perlite and peat, so it should get pretty light between watering. Some let their plants start to wilt before watering. Most medias get shipped with just enough water to keep them wet. You can fill an identical pot with media and put pot with media in a plastic bag, to keep it moist, and use that for a weight reference.

Back
Top Bottom