PVB's Closet Garden 2017, Soil, Organic

PVBudz

Hello everybody, new to 420 mag as of today, happy to get a new journal up and going. I just cut down some lovely Bubblechem, this is what's getting ready in the veg closet now:

-11 Bubblechem clones currently in approximately 1 gallon pots
-2 bagseed seedlings currently in 1 gals
-2 (hopefully soon 3) Northern Lights seedlings in 3x3 starters
-2 seeds from a cross I made of the Bubblechem by a bagseed male from my last round
And sometime in the next week or so should be arriving White Widow and Swiss Cheese beans from Nirvana.
420-magazine-mobile1331430812.jpg

Soil is Coast of Maine Bar Harbor blend, (sphagnum peat, compost, perlite, bark, and seaweed). Used it last round with pretty good results, thinking about supplementing with their Stonington Blend this time.

Currently vegging under T8s, flower tent has 600w HPS and a Mars 300 LED.

Clones get watered every other day or so, seedlings are in a perlite tray so they wick water up from below.
420-magazine-mobile776256527.jpg

As far as nutrients go I've stayed very basic, just a little Roots Organic Buddha Bloom in flowering and a bit of molasses. I'd like to do my own vermicomposting this summer tho and be able to make teas and such.

Probably going throw the clones into flower within a week or two, keep them pretty small and do a SOG to get a quick harvest in. I try to have a perpetual cycle but the first round of clones I took off my last plants didn't take so I had to do an emergency monster crop, the clones of which didn't get back into veg until last week or so. So I figure I'll flower all 11 clones real quick while I veg the Northern Lights, White Widow and Swiss Cheese. Flower tent is 4'x4' so plenty of room for 11 small plants.

420-magazine-mobile1278461334.jpg

Still waiting on the seeds to arrive in the mail but a buddy of mine was kind enough to gift me a few Blue Cheese beans, two have popped so far. Veg closet is humming along nicely
420-magazine-mobile2021092883.jpg

Seeds have arrived . very excited. Put 3 of each in jiffy pods in the humidity dome on a seed mat, I usually see sprouts in 24-36 hours so there'll be an update with pics in a couple days

As promised, some pics of the seedlings
420-magazine-mobile348199408.jpg

And one of the veg tent. The two in the big bags are Northern Lights, the small white plastic buckets are BubbleChem. The two seedlings are a tomato plant and a mutant Blue Cheese

420-magazine-mobile108131854.jpg

Well, it's been an interesting week. Noticed some damage on a couple clones that looked like it was done by spider mites. Haven't been able to spot any yet, but it would explain why they've been growing so slow. Then four of the clones were overwatered, and didn't recover. One of the Swiss Cheese seedlings was struggling pretty hard too so I cut it. I'm left with 5 (maybe 6) clones, and 10 seedlings, only 3 of which are guaranteed to be female. Because of this, I decided to germinate 9 seeds of a cross I did last round between the BubbleChem and a particularly beautiful bagseed plant that turned out be male. Last I looked in the dome 5 had cracked I'll check back in tomorrow morning and probably put them in some soil. I'll get some pics then too and post an update on how everybody's doing

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom