PVB's LED Garden 2017- Soil - Organic - Gorilla Glue #4, BubbleChem, Strawberry Cough

PVBudz

Howdy everybody, good to see you all. It's great to be back at it again after a hiatus over the summer- the central air in my attic apartment has been out for over two months, so temperatures in my grow room were between 90-105 degrees all summer, forcing a halt in operations. However, cooler weather has arrived, and I am happy to announce that I have plants in my tent again. Now, let's get to the fun stuff.

Strains:

Gorilla Glue #4 and Strawberry Cough: these clones were gifted by a friend. They were rootbound and not too happy when I received them (12-18" tall and still in 2.5" starter pots) but since being moved into larger grow bags they seem to be bouncing back just fine, showing their strong genetics.

BubbleChem: this is definitely one of my favorite strains, both to grow and smoke. This strain was the first I ever grew, and the same friend that gifted me those original clones blessed me with a mother plant to take cuttings off of when he heard about my trials and tribulations this summer. Five of these have been in rapid rooters in the clone dome for about a week, and today I put 4 more in a bucket aeroponic cloner I just finished building.

I also have 5 seeds each of Hindu Kush and Lemon Haze attempting to sprout in soil right now, but I'm not counting on these because I've already attempted something like 10 or 15 of each of these with almost zero germination, and no viable plants out of the ones that sprouted. The seeds were a BOGO sale, so it wouldn't surprise me if they were just too old or improperly stored.

Medium:
Soil mix 25% perlite, 35% CSPM, 40% composted cow manure. Amended with granite dust, lime, kelp, alfalfa, neem, and lobster shell meals, malted barley, bat guano, and biochar. Feeding occasionally with kelp/compost teas and compost top dressings.

For containers I'm using large fabric grocery bags I got on Amazon. Haven't used them through a full cycle yet but I'm loving them so far.

Lights are Viparspectra 300w on 18/6. I have 4 of them, only using 2 right now. There are two Mars 300w and a 600w HPS rig as backup if needed. Right now everything is in my 4x4 tent, but if everything goes well I'll be pulling out my 2x4 and 3x3 as well and get a perpetual cycle going.

And some pics. The GG#4 are the two on the left, the ones next to them came unlabeled but look like the Strawberry Cough, which is in the square white pot. The tall one in the back is the BubbleChem mother.

420-magazine-mobile532306380.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2026079933.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1655560240.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1098307962.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1469245371.jpg

Re: PVB's LED Garden 2017- Soil - Organic - Gorilla Glue #4, BubbleChem, Strawberry C

Everything looking good today. Put an AC in the window of the grow room yesterday so temps have been sticking between 70-75. Put the free seeds I got with the order of duds in some water to soak before planting tomorrow. Figured it was worth seeing how they came out. Got 5 Blueberry regular and 3 Sour Diesel autoflower. First time with autos, I'm looking forward to it.

Re: PVB's LED Garden 2017- Soil - Organic - Gorilla Glue #4, BubbleChem, Strawberry C

Two of each of the Blueberry and Sour Diesel have sprouted so far. I also have the last of the Lemon Haze and Hindu Kush seeds that hadn't been sprouting in paper towels to germinate. I never use the paper towel method but as I've had zero success with these seeds so far I figured I'd give it a try

Quick update, four Blueberry sprouts so far, one Sour D remaining, two Lemon Haze and one Hindu Kush. Clones are starting to root. Two of the plants gifted to me didn't take the transplant, and the other two are looking iffy.

A pic of the seedlings
420-magazine-mobile627005584.jpg

Looks very tidy. I like the bags. How's it work fully watering them? :cheer:

Looks very tidy. I like the bags. How's it work fully watering them? :cheer:

I'm liking the bags so far, they hold water a lot better than I expected I thought they'd dry out real quick but I only have to water like once a week.

Seedling updates, as well as a closeup of the Strawberry Cough
420-magazine-mobile1550583622.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1677346658.jpg

Seedlings are looking strong. Strawberry Cough has been moved up to a full size bag, and BubbleChem is looking a lot happier.
420-magazine-mobile853930128.jpg
420-magazine-mobile378922065.jpg
420-magazine-mobile615912993.jpg

There have been a few developments. BubbleChem is alone in the tent now and is on her first day of 12/12 after 24 hours of darkness. I've been spraying a couple lower branches with colloidal silver for the last week so hopefully in a couple weeks I'll have some pollen to make feminized seeds. The seedlings and Strawberry Cough are now just chillin in the room as the 3x3 tent proved too small. Seedlings are looking good, just watered and planning to transplant once they dry out. Started 2 Critical CBD and 4 Northern Lights from Nirvana and have 1 sprout of each so far.
420-magazine-mobile1932607291.jpg
420-magazine-mobile971218025.jpg
420-magazine-mobile544684474.jpg
420-magazine-mobile497717993.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom