Question about feeding in ground grow?

pointer80

Hello all, I just got my plant's in the ground and I mixed up Clackamus Coot's soil recipe and I am using that as my medium. I have looked around but cannot find a lot of info on different feeding option's or schedules. I guess I am looking at what kind of amendments I can start giving my plant's and when to start and how often etc. I am going to top dress with some EWC. to start. Thanks in advance for any input.

You gonna be good. Cool thing with this soil recipe, all you need to do is water regularly.

LOS there's no feeding.

Did you add in some Mycos to the holes when transplanting.

The mycos is really where all the heavy lifting of feeding the plant happens.
All in the soil!!

Once the plant gets going and she will, you can top dress with EWC + Kelp meal

1 cup EWC to 1/2 cup Kelp meal.

If you're outside be sure to have some fencing to keep the 4 legged critters at a distance. They can tear apart a good crop pretty quick.

I would just sprinkle some of your Neem Cake around the plant.

That will deter all your pests 4 legged, 6 legged and 8 legged ones.

Also you can make some kelp tea - water that in every 3 watering while the plants are growing. They will get big outside!

GL

You gonna be good. Cool thing with this soil recipe, all you need to do is water regularly.

LOS there's no feeding.

Did you add in some Mycos to the holes when transplanting.

The mycos is really where all the heavy lifting of feeding the plant happens.
All in the soil!!

Once the plant gets going and she will, you can top dress with EWC + Kelp meal

1 cup EWC to 1/2 cup Kelp meal.

If you're outside be sure to have some fencing to keep the 4 legged critters at a distance. They can tear apart a good crop pretty quick.

I would just sprinkle some of your Neem Cake around the plant.

That will deter all your pests 4 legged, 6 legged and 8 legged ones.

Also you can make some kelp tea - water that in every 3 watering while the plants are growing. They will get big outside!

GL
I didn't think of putting any mycos in the hole when planting in the ground, I did use it every time I up potted though. I have my garden fenced in(it's the law here in MI.) so no worries about 4 legged critter's. I have kelp meal, my own EWC, and my own compost. I also have some malted barley and neem meal. I will utilize these thru out my grow. I created a journal, at least I think I did it right. Thanks.

If you had mycos in the pots when they were growing early on they are still there and already attached to the roots. They will grow far and wide in ground in the soil. There will also be some local already in place as well.

mycorrhiza - arguably the largest organism on earth. Pretty cool stuff. Wouldn't be here without them.

Thanks for the replies guy's. One thing I did that probably wasn't the best move was I mixed my soil up with a little gas powered tiller. I am assuming that was a very stupid move with LOS. Wondering how bad this will effect my grow? I have added some worm castings to the top layer since and I also have a compost pile that has been aging since last year I could add to the top also if that would help. Thanks.

Yes to both - tiller going to be ok. Its the use of it every cycle that it bad for the soil.

Think farmers that grow corn and till the field 2x a year. Thats bad practice. Yet we see it happening all the time.

Back
Top Bottom