Question about my strain

Coerdringer

Hello.

I am currently growing auto ak-47, which it mostly Sativa. Now, I read on growweedeasy that some sativa strains may not show amber trichomes at all. And I know that I am writting about them all the time, also throughout my few threads and posts, I once claimed that I saw few amber ones, and then that I can't see any, but... Here's the thing. In my last thread, which I asked about TMV in - I realized(with some help) that my plants may be under lit. Not like they are stretching, or that they can't grow at all, no. They are in around 12th week of flo, and in my opinion, they had just enough light, that they could easily grow, but it's not something extraordinary.

So my question is - is my strain "auto ak-47 feminized" a strain that happens sometimes to be at least partially ready, but don't have any amber trichs even if they grew til they die? I know they take a long time flowering, because my light is not strong enough for them to blow up, but I don't want to miss the most THC point, and I don't want to harvest too early. Should I wait untill all the fan leaves get yellow, brown and then fell off? Or should I wait for specific signs? Should I wait untill I'm sure 100% of trichs are cloudy?
If you ever grew this strain, what would you suggest me?

Oh, and I'm currently at around 3rd week of flush.

Here are a few photos from yesterday.

TLT_7698.jpg
TLT_7699.jpg
TLT_7701.jpg
TLT_7702.jpg
TLT_7706.jpg
TLT_7707.jpg
TLT_7708.jpg
TLT_7709.jpg
TLT_7710.jpg
TLT_7711.jpg

You need to pick up a small cheap scope... even a magnifying glass... 12 weeks of flower for an auto ak... should be done... can u zoom In... you need to see your trics like this...

caf1fcb5898ab2cd6054d5e104dc03f1.jpg

On this pic... zoom in close... those trichs that look like they have brown(amber heads...) that's what U want...

376e79ab652b7bb630432e3bbe2ef824.jpg

someone told me to harvest once 70% of the hairs are amber if I can't look at trichomes through magnifier.

If no magnifier or loupe is available there's something that actually works better. If you have a pair of binoculars you can put the eyepiece end right up to the bud and look through the binoculars backwards creating a microscope. You can adjust the focus to for clarity!

You need to pick up a small cheap scope... even a magnifying glass... 12 weeks of flower for an auto ak... should be done... can u zoom In... you need to see your trics like this...

caf1fcb5898ab2cd6054d5e104dc03f1.jpg

On this pic... zoom in close... those trichs that look like they have brown(amber heads...) that’s what U want...

I know when THEORETHICALLY is the time for me to chop(pretty much 90% cloudy and 10%amber). I also know what they look like, when they are amber. Yet, as you can see on my pics, most of the fan leaves are yellow(although few top ones are not), and I am checking the trichomes daily(I got 60x jeweler loupe). I did it this morning and they were I think mostly cloudy, and definitely mix of cloudy and clear, but I am 100% sure there was no amber ones.

And I will definitely chop, regardless of the trichs state, once all fan leaves are gone(yellow and then gone).

Yellow leaves have nothing to do with maturity, it just means that there is no more nitrogen. Trichomes are the only way to tell plant maturity. Just at a look of the overall plant with no trichomes pics I'd say it need a couple more weeks atleast. You have white pistols everywhere, the calyx have not swollen. Harvesting early you will have fluffy buds n a heady smoke with a short lasting high. How many hours of light are they receiving?

18/6 from the beginning. But won't the lack of nitrogen issue be bad for the sugar leaves?

Oh, and I just saw few amber ones on the main calyx(they looked reddish), so I'm considering to cut it(if not tomorrow, then not later than five days), and this way, I will be able to move the main light lower to the rest of the buds. The main one, as you can see, looks good, right?

I managed to take a pic of the main calyx! So again, what would you think about cutting the main one, and letting the rest mature, while I will be able to move the light closer?

20180105_002149.jpg
Hey there. From the picture here I would be taking something right away. That part of her is beautiful for a sativa in my opinion.

How many plants?

If one I would chop as buds mature, one big cut as top cola mature nice like ur pic. Then watch lowers for maturing, they could be ready along with top cola or take longer.

If two plants would do one like above and second as entire plant - maturity based on main cola hairs ( from white to color as yours have) main cola trics.

Satuvas are great before too much amber. Milky is good I think.

Amber is cool, degradation happen quick.

I would have prunned her along way slowly to show her what time it was as her fans yellowed and dropped.

Have fun

Hey there. From the picture here I would be taking something right away. That part of her is beautiful for a sativa in my opinion.

How many plants?

If one I would chop as buds mature, one big cut as top cola mature nice like ur pic. Then watch lowers for maturing, they could be ready along with top cola or take longer.

If two plants would do one like above and second as entire plant - maturity based on main cola hairs ( from white to color as yours have) main cola trics.

Satuvas are great before too much amber. Milky is good I think.

Amber is cool, degradation happen quick.

I would have prunned her along way slowly to show her what time it was as her fans yellowed and dropped.

Have fun

Well, it appeared that I have few amber ones on top of both, so I cut and trimmed them today. Then I lowered the main light, and I will let the rest mature.

TLT_7723.jpg

This is auto AK-47 so I'm aiming for milky(so I did the thing above). And now, since the lower ones will get more light, I'll watch them every day, for at least a little signs of amber(that's the level I am aiming), and for them to ripen at least something. I guess a week or more(I hope) will be alright.

Well, it appeared that I have few amber ones on top of both, so I cut and trimmed them today. Then I lowered the main light, and I will let the rest mature.

TLT_7723.jpg

This is auto AK-47 so I'm aiming for milky(so I did the thing above). And now, since the lower ones will get more light, I'll watch them every day, for at least a little signs of amber(that's the level I am aiming), and for them to ripen at least something. I guess a week or more(I hope) will be alright.
Yea seeing how you said 12th week in flower and you've been on flush for a minute, seems like they're gonna b close.

Back
Top Bottom