Question On Cabinet Size Per Plant

arizonabudski

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if anyone could help me determine how many plants I can get away with flowering in my grow cabinet. I have 8 of them in there now they are about 6 weeks old. They all are looking very healthy.

Here's the thing, I realized I may not have room to flower all but I was going to toss a few outside and see what happens once they were strong even ( I am from Mass). They look strong enough but I would love to keep them all indoors if possible.

Cabinet demensions:
L - 33"
W - 20"
H - 33"

Lights: CFLs

4 - 23 W (5000k)
2 - 23 W (2700k)

I would appreciate any feedback on how many plants I should take out or ideally if I can flower and harvest them all with what I got.

I'll toss a photo of two on here once I figure it out. It has been awhile since I have posted.

Thanks!
AB

Pictures will help a lot, check out this link:

Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

It really depends on how tall your plants are now (from the stem base to top), what strain they are (or sativa/indica) and how much more height you have above them. Plants usually double or triple in height during the first 2-3 weeks of flowering. You can use LST to keep them pretty low. Here's a picture of some clones I flowered after 1 week of veg, using LST on them. I'd say they're about 5-6" tall, in 1 gallon pots.

1_4_21.jpg

I'd agree, not enough light. You have about 4.58 ft^2, and could use up to 138W with those 6 bulbs, which is on the low end for that area. You should shoot for more like 40-50W/ft^2. It's a small space too, so not very much room. I think 8 plants in there is a bit excessive, especially vegging them for 6 weeks.

I'd recommend keeping 2-4 in the cabinet, and moving the others outside. If you do so, make sure you harden them off, gradually exposing them to more and more sunlight each day until they can handle it.

Back
Top Bottom