Question on Potting

Rapture

Hi Everyone..

I planted some 10" clones from solo cups into 3 gal pots about 6 weeks ago. Is it time for me to re-pot now, before I put them into flower?

How many weeks on average do 3 gal pots sustain? Is there a chart somewhere that gives an idea of how long a particular volume of soil will sustain a plant?

Thanks very much for your time..
DSC0005512.JPG

So, yes I would definitely transplant her into a bigger pot, you have plenty of room to grow her big. As a matter of fact, I would probably try to talk you into vegging that girl a little longer. You could grow a rather large plant in that setup. Anyway, once your plant occupies about the same volume that your pot is, it's time to transplant and you generally want to transplant the final time about 1-2 weeks before flipping to 12/12. And I wouldn't want anything less than about a 5 gallon container in your setup, that's a big tent.

Ok! Thanks so much.

Have taken your advice and transplanted the 2 girls into what I think are 5 gal might be 4?
DSC0005617.JPG
DSC0005714.JPG
DSC0005814.JPG

Biggest I have anyway.. so it will have to do. I will also give them the 2 weeks to establish in the new pots before putting them into the flower tent with the others. I am trying plants of many different sizes to see what is right for me as a grower. I have 3 plants about the size of these girls (bit bigger having had 10 days stretch in the flower tent) as I got all 5 clones at about the same size, in flower now. They were within a couple inches of each other any way. I also have 3 silver pearl in flower now about 16 days.. They are monsterous.. 4 to 5 feet tall already and more than a square meter each. I am thrilled with the node sites popping up, but hate that they take over 2/3 of my tent for just the three of them.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom