Question on Ultraviolet Research

TheCrimsonQueen

Hey everybody! It's been a while.

I was writing in to ask if anybody knows if there has ever been any research done with Cannabis as far as the usage of ultraviolet lighting during the vegetative or flowering periods.

Before you jump to conclusions, I don't mean crappy blacklights.

A friend of mine who used to stack silicon atoms for a computer company making processors recently sent me a Long-Wave Ultraviolet lamp. I've been wondering if it would register the same as sunlight to the plants when in their dark period. And if so could there be -any- positive influences to be gained from the usage of this type of bulb in any of the stages of the plant's life. From what I understand, this kind of thing is hard for the average public to get a hold of.

I just wanted to know if there has ever been any research done regarding the usage of such a thing.

Everybody stay safe and keep green.

Much love and light,

Reverend Jennifer Morgan

yeah i had a small uv lamp that i had as the only light on a cannabis plant. i was not surprised that it didnt work. there is also to much heat to a reletivly low out put of light. it caused the plant to have very bad streching and caused it to brown. i had looked also like it had spots with no chlorophil. ill be testing it with less uv most likely a black light combined with regular floros.

In traditional biological systems, UV light causes causes the base-pairs in DNA to dimerize. If the cell is unable to repair the damaged DNA, the cell kills itself. Same things happens if you get sunburn.

I don't know much about the molecular mechanisms of plants but I'd imagine it would cause DNA damage.

- Moonwielder

Back
Top Bottom