Question on ventilation/grow tent too

dropabob

Hi,
Ive been kicking around getting a grow tent or 2 for the flowering stage and the dark stage, thinking those would be my times when the smell should be the highest. Anyway, im just wondering, most of these grow tents have vent holes and such but when you buy one of those inline 4" or 5" or whatever you want and then get the charcoal 'thing' that goes on the end, do you have to exhaust into a ventilation system in my house or is the air coming out the back of the inline/charcoal fan clean enough to exhaust right out into my apartment? will it be clean enough? Also, any thoughts on the grow tents? this is my first grow and want to do it right so i can continue. Thanks!

I just bought a "Silver Edition" Hydro hut today. There was a problem with their older model (white interior was cheap material imported from china) for which they issued recalls and resolved for the most part, IMHO reputable company. From what I understand you can control your odor very well with an inline filter, this is what I plan to do as well. I heard enough positive stories about the tents to buy one myself.
On the venting, as I understand it your temps will be high enough in the tent that you will want to exhaust out of the room as recirculating the hot air into the tent will cause a lot of problems. So yes into your home venting, into your chimney (if not used) out a window etc is the best choice.
Hope this helps!

I use a filter and and darkroom tent. In the dead of winter I just exhaust back into my house but as it gets warmer I exhaust near the open window and have a window fan pulling the air outside. This is mainly to keep the hot air coming off my lights out of the room. Smell is good coming out the tent. My only real smell problem comes from all the buds drying in the room lol.

Hi,
Ive been kicking around getting a grow tent or 2 for the flowering stage and the dark stage, thinking those would be my times when the smell should be the highest. Anyway, im just wondering, most of these grow tents have vent holes and such but when you buy one of those inline 4" or 5" or whatever you want and then get the charcoal 'thing' that goes on the end, do you have to exhaust into a ventilation system in my house or is the air coming out the back of the inline/charcoal fan clean enough to exhaust right out into my apartment? will it be clean enough? Also, any thoughts on the grow tents? this is my first grow and want to do it right so i can continue. Thanks!

It won't be clean enough. An overkill filter (as in even if you went way bigger with one which you don't need to) won't take out more than 90% of the odor. You will want to combine it with Ona gel or something like that for the rest. For most things you have to try it and get close the first time then adjust from there. You may find it is not that bad after the filter cleans it. But yeah, be prepared you may need more than the filter. There are other items too that kill odor.

Back
Top Bottom