Question: Should or shouldn't I use my nutes every watering?

MWKush

420 Member
Hi fellow growers, lately after very sad harvest I'm trying to understand what have I done wrong, and how I misbehaved my girl.

I already figured out I was overwwtering a bit, and I also fed her on any watering.

I've seen peoples online recommending to go on a
Feed》Feed》Ph'd Water
Or
Feed》Ph'd Water》Feed》Ph'd Water
Feeding schedule.

I grow in Soil medium, mixed along with peat, coco, perlite and vermiculite.
I use Mineral nutes (chemical) and balance my ph to 6.3-6.6, my pot is 11 litres an I water weekly until roots expands and soil dry out fast, than it gets to 2 times a week.
I use Johnny Green's set, and I feed by chart.

Also the base ph of my tap water is around 8.5, so i do use "PH down" every watering, my "PH down" lable says NPK values are 0-36-0, something i should take extra care of?

Here are pics of the chart, ph down, soil and the seedling auto girl:
20200709_112622.jpg

20200709_112537.jpg20200709_112525.jpgjhonny-g-soli-1024x721.jpg

I grow in soil and I don’t adjust pH. You should read this about whether you need to adjust your pH.

Also, the P (NPK) in your pH down seems way too high. Our plants like an NPK ratio around 2-1-3. I would not use it and just follow the feeding schedule.

Hi fellow growers, lately after very sad harvest I'm trying to understand what have I done wrong, and how I misbehaved my girl.

I already figured out I was overwwtering a bit, and I also fed her on any watering.

Feed》Feed》Ph'd Water
Or
Feeding schedule.

I use Mineral nutes (chemical) and balance my ph to 6.3-6.6, my pot is 11 litres an I water weekly until roots expands and soil dry out fast, than it gets to 2 times a week.

Also the base ph of my tap water is around 8.5, so i do use "PH down" every watering, my "PH down" lable says NPK values are 0-36-0, something i should take extra care of?

20200709_112622.jpg

You can do it either way but for me I do every other. Just water then feed then just water then feed. That way the salts will not build up on you

Feed》Feed》Ph'd Water
Or
Feeding schedule.

20200709_112622.jpg

Dont mess around with the PH chemicals. You're in soil so the soil n all that will naturally buffer the PH . STOP using that PH stuff ASAP

I use the feed>feed>water only schedule. My ph with the nutes is 5.5, so I use ph up. My water only ph is around 7.1, so I dont use anything. I like the ph between 6.3 and 7.

Is that little meter is what your using to measure ph? If so, you better get yourself a new ph tester. I use the $15 digital tester from amazon and it seems good enough for me. Maybe yours works fine, but I wouldn't trust it.

soil pH is different depending on where in the container you measure it, and how wet the soil is there. Measuring and trying to adjust the soil's pH is a useless endeavor, especially with a $10 meter, because most soils have their base pH (the pH it reverts to when dry) set toward the high end of the 6.2-6.8 pH range.

The only reason we adjust pH on our incoming fluids is so that our EDTA chelated nutes can break free of their chemical bonds and become available to the plant. If we were not using EDTA chelated nutes, we would not need to adjust pH on all of our incoming fluids. If you like wasting your money and keeping a percentage of your nutes in their chelated form and unavailable to the plants, by all means, join the "I don't ever pH adjust" club. Laziness is in these days and as long as it works, who cares, right?

Soil nutrients are designed to be used in the age old way that nutes have been used since we thought of them. We know that we can give a fairly strong dosage of nutes to a plant so that it can easily get to any nutrient that it could want or need, actually too strong if we were to keep doing it, and oftentimes causing a bit of tip burn, and then we can come along on the next watering and give just plain water, carefully pH adjusted to be in the range that the EDTA chelated nutes are available, making available to the plant any leftover nutes that are still left in the soil after that strong first pass. The diluted nutrients allow the plant to catch up and use up all of the nutes you gave previously, cleaning up the soil and the water pathways up into the plant.

Water/Feed/Water/Feed... it has always been the best way to run soil in a closed container while using fertilizer.

Back
Top Bottom