Quick question for you

Triple R

Hello out there I was just wondering if there's anyone who uses foxfarm ocean forest soil. I'm getting ready to start an indoor run with some Auto flowers Bruce banner gorilla glue and girl scout cookie extreme. I'm usually a cocoa guy but I want to try something organic so I have the fox form motion Forest and my question is when should I add nutrients to the soil since it says it's already been fertilized with nutrients worm castings bat guano and a couple other things I surely don't want to burn my plants up but I also don't want them starving any help will be much appreciated thank you

There is a huge misunderstanding about Fox Farm Ocean Forest. It has lots of organic materials in it and a good amount of free nitrogen that can give a plant a good start. There is nothing stopping you from adding more nutrients in with your water so as to supercharge your grow... even the Fox Farm nutrient schedule starts at the very beginning with a proper dosage for seedlings.

Fox Farm Ocean Forest is NOT a mineralized soil. By saying that I mean that it does not have the large amount of minerals that are needed for the bloom stage of these plants... hardly any at all. YOU DO HAVE TO RUN NUTRIENTS WITH THIS SOIL.

My recommendation is to download the Fox Farm feeding chart and follow it to the letter. Do NOT follow the advice of someone on the internet telling you not to follow the directions that come with the product. Start feeding early and with the right amounts, and you will be well on your way to a wonderful grow... but if you start starving your plants right off the bat, thinking that everything they need is already in the soil, you will get what you get. The plants likely won't die from this neglect, but mine will end up being 5x as big as yours. There is no such thing as a free lunch.

Thank you for the quick reply and I hear you one of the most knowledgeable people on here. I understand that it will not carry the full growth cycle to bloom and harvest I guess my question is I plan on using organic amendments gia green 444 along with the 284 into bloom so my question is do I need to add anything to the fox farm from germination to start of the vegetation. I'm going to be using 5 gallon of fabric pots and I always germinate my seed directly into soil and the potted going to finish I hope this kind of clears up my question thank you for your reply

Thank you for the quick reply and I hear you one of the most knowledgeable people on here. I understand that it will not carry the full growth cycle to bloom and harvest I guess my question is I plan on using organic amendments gia green 444 along with the 284 into bloom so my question is do I need to add anything to the fox farm from germination to start of the vegetation. I'm going to be using 5 gallon of fabric pots and I always germinate my seed directly into soil and the potted going to finish I hope this kind of clears up my question thank you for your reply
No, the plants will be fine not giving them any amendments for a while... just not as big as my plants. Your problems are going to happen when you realize that the plants don't use nutrients in a 4-4-4 ratio and you start getting deficiencies using the nutes you have chosen. More research is needed I am afraid. I strongly suggest using a known grow system before trying to wing it on your own adding amendments as needed, based on your reading of the plant. At least then you will know what the plant should look like and get familiar with some common problems, but not having to worry about the nutrient mix right of the bat with your first grow.

I got you I will look into that like I said I'm a big Coco guy have lots of success with Coco and liquid nutrients I've grown in soil before a couple times and had good success I guess I will treat the box farm ocean Forest as I did the organic soil I used in the past. I have time to read up on it I am about a week 10 days away from harvesting a Bruce banner Auto grow in Cocoa before I start the next one. My issue is in my current grow area I don't have a call ceiling so I kind of run short bushy plants

IMG_20211014_132607003.jpg

Screenshot_20211014-141508.png

IMG_20211014_134018617_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211014_134010331_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211014_134006317_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211014_120100973.jpg

Please don't make the mistake of thinking that organic means that the soil by itself can feed your plants. Organic gardening refers the process of using mineralized soil that has all the raw nutrients that the plant will need, in an unusable form, and then using microbes to unlock those minerals and carry them to the plant. In an organic grow, you as the gardener makes no decisions about the amounts of nutrients or timing... that is between the microbes and the plants themselves. In a basic organic grow the nutrients needed for the grow are cooked into the soil months before the grow and then you should be able to supply everything the plants need by giving only water. Just because you are using products that call themselves organic does not in any way mean that you are growing organically... it just means that you have the potential to use those products to produce an organic grow.

I guess I can't speak to it 100% because I mixed my ocean forest with Happy frog and perlite. And the 420 pack of seeds that you just described if those are the pictures of your plants indoor I am very impressed. Here's my girl scout cookies EXTREME! Outdoor in the Florida summer every single one of them was stunted small I just wasn't impressed with autos at all. However I think Florida's winter weather would be perfect for them if the daylight hours are enough sunlight to actually make them grow. THATS Y I GOT THEM

IMG_20210930_110647583_HDR~2.jpg

Outdoor in the Florida summer every single one of them was stunted small I just wasn't impressed with autos at all.
Hi Dixie...
Our plant is a fruiting weed, and because of that it has massive nutrient needs in order to produce those huge juicy buds. By not fertilizing, it was most likely you who stunted your plants, and it probably had nothing to do with sitting in the hot Florida sunlight.

I guess I can't speak to it 100% because I mixed my ocean forest with Happy frog and perlite. And the 420 pack of seeds that you just described if those are the pictures of your plants indoor I am very impressed. Here's my girl scout cookies EXTREME! Outdoor in the Florida summer every single one of them was stunted small I just wasn't impressed with autos at all. However I think Florida's winter weather would be perfect for them if the daylight hours are enough sunlight to actually make them grow. THATS Y I GOT THEM

Yes they are 420 super auto mix pack on planning on running in just finishing up 420 Bruce banner autos I'm very happy with them. Indoors in coco.heres #2, two to go in another week or so

IMG_20211020_152606112.jpg

IMG_20211020_152547474.jpg

IMG_20211020_150633323.jpg

Back
Top Bottom