Thoughts on soil mix & setup

MusicCityCannabis

Hey all this is my first post so hope I'm doing it correct. I'm starting a grow in the next couple weeks. Starting with a veg tent 4x4 and a flower tent 4x4 and will be using Badboy T5's - 8 bulb in veg tent (432 watts) and 12 bulb in flower tent (648 watts) will be starting with 3-4 white widow seeds from 420. I'm hoping to get some weigh ins from some more experienced guys on the soil mix I've come up with from watching various amounts videos and reading... I'm wanting something to start my seedlings in after germination and to use all the way to flower. My soil Plan mix: Fox Farms Ocean Forest, Coco Loco, extra perlite, clay pellets, earth worm castings and possibly some bat guano. I will also be using reverse osmosis water and checking my pH and planning to use Fox Farms liquid nutrients in small amounts or as needed. Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!!!

Welcome to
:420:

Your soil mix sounds like it will do a good job. Your best place to get regular advise and updates is to create a Journal in the JOURNALS IN PROGRESS section. After you create a journal do a little advertising by putting a link in your signature.

Also..if you need anything just ask.

Hey all this is my first post so hope I'm doing it correct. I'm starting a grow in the next couple weeks. Starting with a veg tent 4x4 and a flower tent 4x4 and will be using Badboy T5's - 8 bulb in veg tent (432 watts) and 12 bulb in flower tent (648 watts) will be starting with 3-4 white widow seeds from 420. I'm hoping to get some weigh ins from some more experienced guys on the soil mix I've come up with from watching various amounts videos and reading... I'm wanting something to start my seedlings in after germination and to use all the way to flower. My soil Plan mix: Fox Farms Ocean Forest, Coco Loco, extra perlite, clay pellets, earth worm castings and possibly some bat guano. I will also be using reverse osmosis water and checking my pH and planning to use Fox Farms liquid nutrients in small amounts or as needed. Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!!!

sounds like a good plan. how are you going to vent the tents inline fan and a carbonfilter ??? I would like to see you have a journal than we could help you along the way. And see your first plants pick up.

Hello buddy and welcome to :420:

I cant help you with soil, but for your T5 setup, its great for veg but iv known guys grow with T5s in flower and did'nt get what they were half expecting, for the amount of watts the T5 will be running in flower your best of going with a 600w hps.

You will get alot more yield aswell as save 48 watts, i grow in 4x4 tents with a dimmable 600w hps system, great area coverage and i get great results, aslong as your temps stay around the 25c mark you are sure to have amazing results.

That soil sounds good, In the past when I have used the fox farm ocean Forest, I did an experiment to see how far through flower it could take me. It took me halfway through flower before I started to get any sort of deficiencies in my leaves.
I have limited knowledge when it comes to fluorescent in Revenge, but I do use a to bank pH in my clothing 10th and as long as I can should the new growth to keep my plants relatively squat, it works fantastic. Not to mention the fact that it is fantastic on energy. I use a 400 watt hid in Veg, followed by 1200 watts of LED in flower.

Welcome to
:420:

Your soil mix sounds like it will do a good job. Your best place to get regular advise and updates is to create a Journal in the JOURNALS IN PROGRESS section. After you create a journal do a little advertising by putting a link in your signature.

Also..if you need anything just ask.

Thanks for the info!!!

sounds like a good plan. how are you going to vent the tents inline fan and a carbonfilter ??? I would like to see you have a journal than we could help you along the way. And see your first plants pick up.

Hey thanks for replying! I forgot to mention this will be my first grow. Yes I have ordered two 4inch inline fans with filter one for each tent. I'm going to make a journal first thing tomorrow...

Hello buddy and welcome to :420:

I cant help you with soil, but for your T5 setup, its great for veg but iv known guys grow with T5s in flower and did'nt get what they were half expecting, for the amount of watts the T5 will be running in flower your best of going with a 600w hps.

You will get alot more yield aswell as save 48 watts, i grow in 4x4 tents with a dimmable 600w hps system, great area coverage and i get great results, aslong as your temps stay around the 25c mark you are sure to have amazing results.

Hey and thanks for the reply! Makes sense on the lights I've been doing alot of reading on that subject but had to go with the T5 Bad Boys due to getting them locally (used) for a steal! I'm starting from scratch and trying to get everything needed within my budget... I do have a wish list and HPS lights r included! Thanks!

That soil sounds good, In the past when I have used the fox farm ocean Forest, I did an experiment to see how far through flower it could take me. It took me halfway through flower before I started to get any sort of deficiencies in my leaves.
I have limited knowledge when it comes to fluorescent in Revenge, but I do use a to bank pH in my clothing 10th and as long as I can should the new growth to keep my plants relatively squat, it works fantastic. Not to mention the fact that it is fantastic on energy. I use a 400 watt hid in Veg, followed by 1200 watts of LED in flower.

Thanks for the reply! I've heard that ocean Forest can be "hot" as to why I'm adding some coco to the mix especially for the seedling stage. Also I stated that I will be using fox Farms nutes but changed my mind and will be using General Organics. I would love to get in on the LEDs especially a 1200watt but unfortunately the nice ones are out of my price range for the moment and i didn't wanna start with the cheaper Mars hydro stuff... The true LED lights at least that I've seen in that power range cost heavy! I got the bad boy T5's for a steal! I will make a journal as recommend and keep it updated as i grow. Thanks

Iv many setups from 3x3's 4x4's and 4x8's, i will be running another 4x4 in the next 6 weeks after my current garden grow is complete.

If you were using coco i could of helped you out with a feed schedule for but im un-educated on soil feedings ect yet.

There is a similar ballast to what i use from amazon, if you got got something like this you could pick a bulb up for around $20 and a shades are neither here or there, there are full sets at $130 that will still do the same job as many others, but ensure you have good extraction aswell as intake.

When you do finally setup, use your T5 setup for veg in one tent and the HPS in another, im doing this now so im guaranteed a harvest every 8 weeks, you save money from only using T5's in veg for 18/6 and the HPS is permanently 12/12 saving you another cost from electricity.

Budgets can be tight buddy but after a while you will have a great setup, i went from a 250w cfl to over 3 tent setups fully acoustic fans, extra quiet so i can think more.:)

Every one here will guide you in the right direction.

and
buying the right stuff saves alot of money as well. Buying a bigger extraction fan than needed is nice if your upgrading to hps later on because these produce a bit of heat. so getting a soft box right away is nice and use it with a speed controller. Than you can turn it down to what you need and it will be a much more silent. I have small inline fans in my micro grow 5 inch and there just up to the task but a soft box would be alot better but i don't have the space... but if you can get a soft box if you het one that's big enough then you only need one for both tents.

Yeah thats what iv done, i got a 6" 1500cfm tornado acoustic extractor, runs my 4x4 and 4x8 on a Y piece easily at the same time, plugged into just a cheap fan controller at half power works amazing.

Thanks a ton for the info! I'm very curious to see how well the 12bulb T5 will do for flower especially since it's going to completely fill the 4x4 tent space and give a full spread. Also the HPS lights had me worried about heat considering I'm going into this during the start of summer but will make adjustments as needed after this grow as I'm taking clones and will upgrade the lights if the T5 doesn't suite my needs. I was planning on using Straight Coco at first but there was a lot more of a learning curve it seemed with the nutes and wanted an easier go for the first.
Iv many setups from 3x3's 4x4's and 4x8's, i will be running another 4x4 in the next 6 weeks after my current garden grow is complete.

If you were using coco i could of helped you out with a feed schedule for but im un-educated on soil feedings ect yet.

There is a similar ballast to what i use from amazon, if you got got something like this you could pick a bulb up for around $20 and a shades are neither here or there, there are full sets at $130 that will still do the same job as many others, but ensure you have good extraction aswell as intake.

When you do finally setup, use your T5 setup for veg in one tent and the HPS in another, im doing this now so im guaranteed a harvest every 8 weeks, you save money from only using T5's in veg for 18/6 and the HPS is permanently 12/12 saving you another cost from electricity.

Budgets can be tight buddy but after a while you will have a great setup, i went from a 250w cfl to over 3 tent setups fully acoustic fans, extra quiet so i can think more.:)

Every one here will guide you in the right direction.

Thanks a ton for the info! I'm very courious to see how well the 12bulb T5 will do for flower especially since it's going to completely fill the 4x4 tent space and give a full spread. Also the HPS lights had me worried about heat considering I'm going into this during the start of summer but will make adjustments as needed after this grow as I'm taking clones and will upgrade the lights if the T5 doesn't suite my needs. I was planning on using Straight Coco at first but there was a lot more of a learning curve it seemed with the nutes and wanted an easier go for the first.

Yeah thats what iv done, i got a 6" 1500cfm tornado acoustic extractor, runs my 4x4 and 4x8 on a Y piece easily at the same time, plugged into just a cheap fan controller at half power works amazing.

I seen a video regarding the y type connectors I may have to do it this way. My problem was fitting these tents in my building and still have space to work so that's why I went the rout I did but once I have everything setup this coming week I will make these adjustments if possible. Thanks so much for the info!

Music City Cannabis Soil White Widow Grow Journal - 2018

Music City Cannabis Soil White Widow Grow Journal - 2018

Thanks a ton for the info! I'm very courious to see how well the 12bulb T5 will do for flower especially since it's going to completely fill the 4x4 tent space and give a full spread. Also the HPS lights had me worried about heat considering I'm going into this during the start of summer but will make adjustments as needed after this grow as I'm taking clones and will upgrade the lights if the T5 doesn't suite my needs. I was planning on using Straight Coco at first but there was a lot more of a learning curve it seemed with the nutes and wanted an easier go for the first.

If your wanting help with coco i can certainly help you with that route, in my oppinion its easier than soil.

I can give you a few full feed schedules for coco that work great for me, straight coco should work fine for feeding once a day, adding perlite to the coco you can feed 3 times a day and get a great outcome.

Im lucky enough to have great PH and PPM but easily enough to adjust, coco you cant over water where as soil you can.

If your wanting help with coco i can certainly help you with that route, in my oppinion its easier than soil.

I can give you a few full feed schedules for coco that work great for me, straight coco should work fine for feeding once a day, adding perlite to the coco you can feed 3 times a day and get a great outcome.

Im lucky enough to have great PH and PPM but easily enough to adjust, coco you cant over water where as soil you can.

Dang all sounds so good! I haven't purchased the mix yet but have a local store that carries everything! Yes I would be interested in this method! Your awesome man! Also I started my grow journal which has alot more of my details. Music City Cannabis Soil White Widow Grow Journal - 2018

Back
Top Bottom