Quick question

TheOtherMJ

I bent my plant so light could get in and make it bushier. Now I'm flowering should I untie it now or will it be fine to keep it bent during flowering?

It will be fine :thumb:

I bend my plants about all the time throught out veg also staking & tying in cola bearing branchs in place for the duration of flowering with out ill effect.

LST, low stress training is a form of super cropping which helps achieve greater yields.

It will be fine :thumb:

I bend my plants about all the time throught out veg also staking & tying in cola bearing branchs in place for the duration of flowering with out ill effect.

LST, low stress training is a form of super cropping which helps achieve greater yields.

Thanks for the info bro.

i secure chicken wire around my pots and bend and weave branches when needed each time i trim and feed now the center cola is almost by its self .going to try next week to post some pics have 11 BCgod cross with OG 3 week flowering. tried bending branches on my outdoor grow last summer it worked great :tokin:

Ok thanks guys. I wasn't sure and I didn't want to risk stressing the plant. If the plant is already in flowering would it hurt it to bend it. I heard your only suppose to bend it during veg?

The duck is 100% right man. I know from experience that tieing them down or bending them over is not only NOT going to hurt them (in veg or flower) it should improve your yield significantly. Different strains have a more positive reaction than others but in the end it helps to put more light at more bud sights.

Ok thanks guys. I wasn't sure and I didn't want to risk stressing the plant. If the plant is already in flowering would it hurt it to bend it. I heard your only suppose to bend it during veg?

A larger majority of low stress training commence's whilst in veg i prefer to leave string/pipe cleaners in place for veg and use stakes & clips in a perminate position whilst in flowering.

The reasons i leave stakes in position for flowering is to open up the canopy of the plant to increase air flow to reduce risk of powdery mildew & increase light penertration to the lower bud sites to aid in yield.

I've included some pic's of plants which i have LST'd in veg and staked through out the entire flowering period.

005910.JPG
0021042.JPG
004903.JPG

Pic's where taken before the chop 'n' trim, one pic is of trimmed plant before being hung for drying.

Back
Top Bottom