Radogast's Non-420 Garden Creation Thread

The water lilies sorted out their flowers and pads.
They want to make a go of it :)
20140822_185025-1.jpg

Last year Mark killed all the duck weed with his Algaefix for the string algae. We had to go up to the pond store and grab a bit of seed duck weed for our little ponds. I love that stuff.

I had a bunch of asps come through this year and chew down my whole water lilies, but they are pushing now again. I fertilized them once. I wish they were in a real pond. Oh well, at least the wildlife has something and the racoons still swim in the pond no matter its size. :)

My duckweed just found its way here, presumably on the legs of a duck or Great Blue Heron.
There was some nice oval Lily pad plant with leaves about the length of my palm at the 24 acre pond.
I didn't see flowers so I went for just this larger one.

On my daily commute, I pass near a section of a river with a backwater that has Lotus flowers.
It is in a regional parkway, so I'm not sure about capturing one and carrying it home on the commuter rail.
At least I proved my kitty litter pail works good for transport :)

Maybe next year :green_heart:

I didn't use no stinken rope, I was busy carryin a 4 gallon bucket of water lilies, water and pond muck ,:)

my best laugh of the day, by far. "I didn't use no stinken rope" :rofl:

I didn't use the rope either, I had a beer in my hand. I'm glad you have the Lilly pads in your new pond, great pics!

My poor little parrot saw this thing out in the tree and was freaking out. She can see a hawk from a mile away INSIDE the house! Quite remarkable.

He or she is a Red Tailed Hawk and was at least 24". I was standing not ten feet under it. When I scared him/her away, I could hear the wings flapping loudly as the bird got out from under the canopy of the Live Oak it was sitting in.

q34.jpg

My poor little parrot saw this thing out in the tree and was freaking out. She can see a hawk from a mile away INSIDE the house! Quite remarkable.

He or she is a Red Tailed Hawk and was at least 24". I was standing not ten feet under it. When I scared him/her away, I could hear the wings flapping loudly as the bird got out from under the canopy of the Live Oak it was sitting in.

q34.jpg

Sweet!

Thanks for adding beauty to my yard :)

We have Bald Eagles here too. There is one particular nesting pair which returns every year and usually has a clutch by December. The nest is about 2,000 pounds! They add to it each year and sure it up. The Eagles travel in a unique company of three. Nobody knows or understands this trio or who the third party is. It may be an offspring who never left the parents. Either way, you can see the nest from the road and people set up there and take photos and watch the entire time they are in the nest.

When we go this year I'll try to get some shots. They are truly magnificent.

I just came in from outside. It is barely light out still at 7:27am. The one thing i don't like about living on this line is the day length. It is never light out in the morning when Mark leaves for work at 6. I remember closing the bars up in NY and it always started getting light out at about 4-5am.

The Eagles I spoke about are part of a larger flock like you are showing, but their single nest is viewable from the road. I guess that's what the big deal about it is. Do you ever watch any of the Eagle cams in nests? There is one in Decora IL I used to watch, but nature is way too brutal for me.

The Hawk was out back again this morning, but by the bird feeder. When I want out it flew up into the air and was no more than a few feet away. This Hawk must be used to me, but has been pretty private about being here. I do see it, and another Cooper's Hawk who also comes almost daily to the yard. I do feed birds and there are lots of them. I hate this happening. I wish we were all vegan.

:love:

Back
Top Bottom