Random seeds

Graine

420 Member
Hello, no true knowledge here, just some seeds some land and sun and a lot of need. I am in midcoast Maine and have only grown once before. I sprouted some seeds in May put them under a light until the frost warnings ended and then moved them outside. I have no clue what kinds of weed they are. Old timer gave em to me. I’m not scientific and I have killed most other plants I attempted to love leaving expectations low. So I now have 6 females, I pulled 5 males, 4 in the ground and two in a pot. I have literally just watered them when it’s been dry. No additives or nutrients, but I started in serious black compost mixed with nice ground soil. They appear to be at several different stages, different strains I’m assuming? my last grow was two plants inside and ok I guess. Just hoping someone will take a look and throw advice at me. Everything to this point is organic as we don’t allow chemicals on our land. Would love to not need to spend money on this as the point is to save money. But I will if I must. Thanks in advance, and yes, I realize I should have separated the two in the pot. I honestly didn’t realize it was two until they were totally root bound. As I said. Very low maintenance grow here.
D270AB71-2B60-43A4-9701-4F8AF79B2405.jpeg
3336D77B-7AF6-487B-9EA3-D63DECA1C27B.jpeg
9B2EE35D-2801-4BC7-96C2-0A46E0E08C47.jpeg
709EDEF0-4D82-4BD6-8849-A8D7FEF22CAD.jpeg
D270AB71-2B60-43A4-9701-4F8AF79B2405.jpeg3336D77B-7AF6-487B-9EA3-D63DECA1C27B.jpeg9B2EE35D-2801-4BC7-96C2-0A46E0E08C47.jpeg709EDEF0-4D82-4BD6-8849-A8D7FEF22CAD.jpeg

Welcome,Graine,to 420 :welcome:

Your plants look good-the ones in the ground may not even need nutes-they're pretty good at finding what they need in the ground...but the ones in the pot may need a little something pretty soon,unless the soil supplies everything they need,and your black compost may just do the trick.

I grew 2 in one 5 gallon bucket a few years ago,and it didn't slow either one of them down,
so I wouldn't even worry about that-they do their best wherever they grow

Welcome,Graine,to 420 :welcome:

Your plants look good-the ones in the ground may not even need nutes-they're pretty good at finding what they need in the ground...but the ones in the pot may need a little something pretty soon,unless the soil supplies everything they need,and your black compost may just do the trick.

I grew 2 in one 5 gallon bucket a few years ago,and it didn't slow either one of them down,
so I wouldn't even worry about that-they do their best wherever they grow
Thank you,
What would you suggest for the two in the pot? It would need to be organic and reasonably simple to use.....I am a little worried since they are clearly not the same strain that their timing may be different? Thank you again for any and all advice.

Good morning,Graine...
I use Mega Crop exclusively,but I don't think it's organic.
If you've got a Home Depot or Lowes nearby,they sell Dr.Earth organic fertilizer,which is reasonably priced, and works well- I used it on some outdoor plants a few years ago ,with good results.

Back
Top Bottom