• Rockwool

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • Others, What?

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! I paid about $10 for 36 1" rockwool cubes a bag of 72 perfect starts is $18 - but I was able to get a sarter kit that included 72 Perfect Starts, germination tray/humidity dome with a removable insert that holds up to 72 PSes and a heat mat for $50. It also came with a metal tool to easily remove the perfect starts from their tray. Prices are all from futuregarden.com

they are bullet shaped and about 3" high...and my fastest growing seed had 2" of taproot coming out of the bottom in just a couple of days, placed in the setup after 48 hours of a dH2O + Superthrive soak.

I have always used Rapid Rooter's for seed starting purposes and have been very pleased. Very easy to use and no long presoaking required. Don't know if there better, just always works for me!!

Pit,

Thank-you! You did just save me 24 hours. Thanks again.

I did enjoy Roseman's observation that, "... what works best is what works best for you"

Being a retired "old fart", I have nothing better to do all day than play in my indoor garden.

I now have the luxury of having the physical space and, more importantly, the time to play around with different growing techniques, strains, etc.. I can't remember the last time I had this much fun with a hobby.

I'm still learning alot but one thing that I've learned from all my playing around is that: What works well for one guy..........may not for someone else.

:peacetwo:
Searcher

Pit,

Thank-you! You did just save me 24 hours. Thanks again.

I did enjoy Roseman's observation that, "... what works best is what works best for you"

Being a retired "old fart", I have nothing better to do all day than play in my indoor garden.

I now have the luxury of having the physical space and, more importantly, the time to play around with different growing techniques, strains, etc.. I can't remember the last time I had this much fun with a hobby.

I'm still learning alot but one thing that I've learned from all my playing around is that: What works well for one guy..........may not for someone else.

:peacetwo:
Searcher

Have fun! I love your attitude!

+reps :)

Having used rockwool in my first grow and rapid rooters for my second. I will be always using rapid rooters from now on.

I'm on my second grow, and have used the rapid rooters both times. I like that their natural and no soaking needed.

I use Rapid Rooters in my aeroponics system. The small spray heads I get from Home Depot initially clog up with debris from the Rooters, but after I replace them once, they don't clog up again.That's because, at first, I water from above and some organic material washes down into the reservoir to be pumped through the system and thence to the small spray heads. Once the roots grow enough to dangle down into the PVC fence posts sections I use in my system, they get nutrients directly from the spray heads and no more organic material washes down. I have found that these spray heads can easily be cleaned. Simply remove the small red slotted part from the blue part, gently, with a pair of pliers and then clear out the red part with a toothpick. Press the two pieces back together and the spray head is ready to re-use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom