Rascio - It's Growing!

I love a first grow! Exciting, yes?

You can run dozens of the CFLs without worrying about power/breakers. They don't pull much power at all. I run 2 HIDs and have to separate them on the breakers. I can plug in CFLs on either line with no probs.

Keep up the good work!
Very exciting!
Even from the planning stages, I've felt the conviction that growing has been a missing ingredient in my life. I'm in for the long term.

Thanks for the electrical advice. I wasnt worried about the breaker, just a little concerned about heating up the cheap lamp wire the lights are attached to. The pigtails on the sockets use much heavier wire than the main.

So glad to have you looking over my shoulder. :welcome:
:cheers:

Rats, I missed the first page!

:slide:

If I may suggest ...

Use 75% blue CFLs in early veg like that - the red is of little benefit now and it helps them stretch - we don' want that yet.

Great to see you Graytail! Any and all suggestions are more than welcome. I have 3/4 blues now over the kush. I'll keep at least one orangy one -- instinct tells me to keep the good vibrations incoming at least a little bit in as broad of a spectrum as I can. :Namaste:

The temple I am praying at this weekend:

20150514_080800.jpg

Very exciting!
Even from the planning stages, I've felt the conviction that growing has been a missing ingredient in my life. I'm in for the long term.

Thanks for the electrical advice. I wasnt worried about the breaker, just a little concerned about heating up the cheap lamp wire the lights are attached to. The pigtails on the sockets use much heavier wire than the main.

So glad to have you looking over my shoulder. :welcome:
:cheers:
I too have the need to grow cannabis.. I did years of research and then fell into something else and my growing aspirations sort of fell by the wayside... A couple months ago i rediscovered growing and was blessed with a seed in one of my bags (never happened before). Im in it for life just like you, glad to see another person getting their feet in the water :passitleft:

Thank you and :welcome: Chef!

Kush:

20150515_222259.jpg
20150515_222139.jpg
20150515_082342.jpg

I'm gonna call this ones birthday may 1st. I think thats the nights I put the seed into water.

Is that the standard start point? If so thats 2 weeks old. Typical grow rate? Even after vicariously watching 100s of member's plants grow up on here, theres no substitute for a little experience. Glad that I got impatient and decided to jump right in instead of waiting for even my basic setup to be complete.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

DocBud's kit arrived!

Not planning to turn the plants I have started into kit plants, but I did give a drink of tea and transplant solution to each.

Put the kush in a slightly bigger pot.
20150516_095055.jpg
20150516_102357.jpg

Dunno whats happening to the colour in this photo. The top one is closest to what I see
20150516_102404.jpg

Depending on transportation, ill have my soil brewing in next cpuple of days

Nice genetics! Looking great! :thumb:

Checking out Doc's kit and have been thoroughly impressed so far. Following!

:thanks::woohoo:

Just realised I planted that silver haze bean hours before the King of the Blues passed away. I'm hoping it's male.

Keeping an eye on local classifieds for grow equipment. Missed a smoking deal by hours yesterday. Another will come. When I was toying with the idea last fall, I saw a few others (full grow setups with lights, tents, environmenal controls ... ) appear pretty regularly. . . .

BB was a king. Not sure what equip you are looking for , but a digital 600w HPS is less than $200US with vented hood. Cranks out mega bud...

I hope your Silver Haze is a girl :) Unless you are breeding?

on the same page ...
was planning on getting an led in time for flowering .. now looking for a 600w mh/hps ... the fancy lights can wait

if this haze is male, I'llattempt to flower it and collect pollen. dont wanna buy the same genome twice

I wouldnt put off getting the LED. 340w actual power LED produces lux comparable to the power draining 600w actual power HID.. Without the added electricity bill OR as much heat output.. With summer coming on the last thing you need in an indoor grow is added heat.

I wouldnt put off getting the LED. 340w actual power LED produces lux comparable to the power draining 600w actual power HID.. Without the added electricity bill OR heat problems.. With summer coming on the last thing you need in an indoor grow is added heat.

You could run ac/led for the same electricity bill as just the HID

I wouldnt put off getting the LED. 340w actual power LED produces lux comparable to the power draining 600w actual power HID.. Without the added electricity bill OR as much heat output.. With summer coming on the last thing you need in an indoor grow is added heat.

The electricity in my building is not separately metered . . . .:cheer:

Also, the nights are cool here in all but a handfull of summer nights. if I do the ventilation right, I think I migjt need ac more during the day.

In flower I plan to run lights on approx 8pm-8am.

LED right away may still be the best choice, but the above are factors, I think.

Ooo Very pretty!

Back
Top Bottom