Re-pot for pollen and seeds?

startergrow

I am a DWC grower but thought I'd try something different and am running some plants in soil to create feminized pollen and seeds.

I have them in smallish pots and was planning on repotting once I can see whether they're male or female. It looks like I won't be able to make it that long.

As I don't have much soil experience I have a question. When would you re-pot for this scenario and do these look like they need it or can they stick it out as they are being grown for pollen not bud? (Please ignore the colour and droopiness, they are under a mixed light and where just watered)
pot02.jpg
pot01.jpg

Thanks

Repot them now and get them healthy again. No matter what your plan is. You need healthy plants. It looks too late for the brown one. But you may be surprised, a good drink in new soil can work wonders.just be extra gentle when you do repot them as they are quite sickly at the moment.. Are you adjusting the PH of your water?

Makes sense to keep them healthy until I see what they are. The ph is 6.0, Ocean Forest Soil.

They look worse in the picture than they are.

They look worse in the picture than they are.
Just like my wife. Cameras don't do her any favours either:rofl:

Try and mix your water at 6.5 PH it's should be between 6.3 and 6.8 as ocean forest suggestions.. the low pH could be a major part of your problems.

Thanks, that's great info. I'm used to doing ph down to 5.5-6.0 for the DWC. I'll up it.

Maybe the Ocean Forest soil might be a little hot for them from what I've read but they should be past that soon.

This soil thing is hard!@#@

Do you suggest to add nutes to the water in soil like this?

Thanks, that's great info. I'm used to doing ph down to 5.5-6.0 for the DWC. I'll up it.

Maybe the Ocean Forest soil might be a little hot for them from what I've read but they should be past that soon.

This soil thing is hard!@#@

Do you suggest to add nutes to the water in soil like this?
I wouldn't add anything just PH adjusted water. That soil in a bigger container will last those girls weeks without adding nutes.
Yeah. PH is totally different to hydro/DWC.
But my hat is off to you. I couldn't grow in DWC or any hydro.
Soil is simple. Just a little slower and not as productive. But a lot less Hassel

Wow! They've really bounced back. Nice work!
Concerning the sex. How old are they? You could flip them into flower and you will know within the week. Or do you want to grow them a bit bigger

Thanks, I followed your good advice and they seem happy. They are almost 4 weeks in veg from seedlings.

I'd like to spray a female with STS to create feminized pollen, but they say to start before flowering. The problem I have then is telling which is female before flowering. Maybe I'll have to take a clone of them all and then see which one is female and try it on that.

Back
Top Bottom