Ready to go 12/12

akaman

i'm starting to go 12/12 and i have a slight heat problem. when i close the cab doors the temps rise to over 92 degrees and i have 2 fans going, but when i crack the doors about 6 inches open the temps stay around 82 degrees. my question is , is it ok to have the doors cracked open for the 12 hours of light or am i taking away from the strength of the light and getting ready to cause problems down the line? i appreciate all the help the community offers. i've been reading alot of the posts but couldn't find a answer to this particular problem.also how far should the light be from the top of the plants,i'm using a 150 watt hps and i dont want to burn them because i cant watch them for the whole 12 hours.more questions to come if i can't find the answers somewhere in the faq's.thx in advance. :smokin:

Well a 400 is supposed to be around 12 inches and a 600 around 18.

The rule of thumb is to get it as close as possible. Put your hand where the canopy is and leave it for a minute or so. If your hand gets hot then it's time to go higher.

If you can’t get it as close as you like just add some cfl's

I know it's not exactly what you asked but I hope it helps.

Well a 400 is supposed to be around 12 inches and a 600 around 18.

The rule of thumb is to get it as close as possible. Put your hand where the canopy is and leave it for a minute or so. If your hand gets hot then it's time to go higher.

If you can't get it as close as you like just add some cfl's

I know it's not exactly what you asked but I hope it helps.

thx greengo840 i appreciate your response. i wish i could post some pics of my gro cab so u'd know exactly what im workin with.i only wish i had the space for cfl's too.

Back
Top Bottom