Reasons to go to Amsterdam

OOPS, meant 2 grand, not 20 ;-) If you know where to look and dont mind traevling cheaply then you can get away with doing it cheaper.

I know this is an old post, but I've been to Amsterdam three times now. First trip 11/02, 2nd trip 03/03 and 3rd trip 12/07. Enjoyed each visit immensely but the US dollar does not go anywhere near what it used to. On my first trip the Euro's were less than the dollar, I think it was about $1 = 1.5 Euro. On my last trip things had definitely changed. And as I hear it now days, the coffee shops will only serve locals. Tourists are not allowed to purchase weed, legally that is. The great news is that slowly but surely the legalization efforts are finally starting to make inroads in the USA. One day, the Dutch will be coming to the USA to sample our coffee shops. Perhaps.

I know this is an old post, but I've been to Amsterdam three times now. First trip 11/02, 2nd trip 03/03 and 3rd trip 12/07. Enjoyed each visit immensely but the US dollar does not go anywhere near what it used to. On my first trip the Euro's were less than the dollar, I think it was about $1 = 1.5 Euro. On my last trip things had definitely changed. And as I hear it now days, the coffee shops will only serve locals. Tourists are not allowed to purchase weed, legally that is. The great news is that slowly but surely the legalization efforts are finally starting to make inroads in the USA. One day, the Dutch will be coming to the USA to sample our coffee shops. Perhaps.
I believe if you have a European Union passport your still wellcome..

Back
Top Bottom