Reducing the wattage of my grow space

sadhu9

I have a 4'x8'x6.5' tent and use about a 5'x4' area to grow in, using the rest of the space for equipment,etc. I am going into my 9th week of flower and will be flushing in a few days. My plants have gone crazy and my 1000 watt HPS is to close to the tops(I can't tie them down anymore!!). Would turning my ballast down to 750 watts hurt my final 7-10 days of my grow or would it be like the end of the season and the light is decreasing?
Thanks
Sadhu9
IMG_28245.JPG

Looks like 4 - 5 weeks to go at least judging by those buds man. The stretching hasn't stopped for you yet at a guess.
Somehow you are gonna need to find at least another 2 feet of head room as there isn't much room to tie them down much more than you have. You have veged them far too long, as I'm sure you're aware...

The pic is 10 days old and you're right, I should have flowered earlier. I am using a Current Culture 4 unit DWC system for the first time and didn't believe CC advise of 2-3 weeks of veg then flower. The growth with this system is amazing! I've had many harvests with DWC but not like this. Next time they will go to flower earlier..
I live in a trailer... 7 foot ceilings. Hard to find headroom.
But what about an answer to my question??

LOL, what kinda wild-ass sativas are you growin' there? :laughtwo: Whew! They're still stretching in bloom?

At this stage of bloom, you can probably manhandle 'em as much as you want. I've grown some long fluffy sativas in a 4x4 and you can bend and supercrop 'em all you want - they'll just reorient their buds and keep going.

You could turn your light down, and I do believe plants need less light at the end of the bloom, but that might not solve the stretch.

If I were you, I'd make 'em fit. :laughtwo: You only have a few weeks left, anyway.

They are all Indica hybrids from a NM dispensary. V Kush is the one you see in the pic. The pic is weeks old and the plants have filled in nicely. The only down is some top flowers are white with light burn. Next grow will be with the plants going to flower after 2 to 3 weeks of veg as the manufacturer of the DWC system suggested. I didn't believe they could grow so fast!!! I do now! I'm sold on the system and would recommend it.
I'll try and post some more recent pics soon.
Thanks for the interest.

Back
Top Bottom