Referendem 100-1

guero3169

voters in denver passed the law that makes it legal to possess up to an ounce of weed. lets hope they uphold it now. cops are already saying that it doesnt matter that we voted it legal, state and federal law says it is illegal, and that it what they will go by. but hey, it is a victory anyway.

That's awsome that the citizens of Denver relized the benifits of legallizing MJ. You heard corectly, Police can still arrest folks under the state law. I think the most important thing to come from this referendum is not that it was passed (which as I said kicks ass) but the legal reprocussions from it. If I had to guess this will probibly spark a case that will go to the Supream Court.

Thanks for the good news,

Jack

I've mentioned this in a few med pot posts, but when will the government, who is supposed to govern by the WILL OF THE PEOPLE (IE: We are the governments boss, in theory), going to loosen marijuana laws when more and more states start legalizing it? If more than 25 states have marijuana laws, such as Denvers, isnt the government governing AGAINST the will of the people?
-PM

I don't think the point of this law was to have people walking around with pot in their pockets, since they knew it still wouldn't be legal. But the shockwaves of this, might influence other cities to do the same. If Denver does it, then surely Los Angeles a city with MORE crime and MORE drunk driving would do the same. It can spread to other cities and from there states, in a perfect world. More likely the supreme court will put out this fire before it spreads.

Thepurplem0nkey said:
I've mentioned this in a few med pot posts, but when will the government, who is supposed to govern by the WILL OF THE PEOPLE (IE: We are the governments boss, in theory), going to loosen marijuana laws when more and more states start legalizing it? If more than 25 states have marijuana laws, such as Denvers, isnt the government governing AGAINST the will of the people?
-PM

well shit, we know the government doubts the collective will of the people to be capable of making the right choice in ANY issue. they're just acting as concerned parents would. remember pm...it's for your own good. :jerkit: :laughtwo:

Hawker said:
government fucks us over again....big surprise. whats the point of it if it isnt even a law?
It's a symbolic victory.

Back
Top Bottom